Now I am worried

Associate
Hi

I am just doing a new build and when I went to order my last few parts I also asked wether the parts I have ordered will work ok with the bits I already have and the guy says a couple of the bits I have wont work together so need some advise please.

Here are the parts.

Asus P5WD2-E Premium Intel 975X (Got)
Intel Pentium 4 950 Dual Core (Got)
OCZ 2GB PC5300 Dual Channel Gold GX XTC Series EL-DDR2 (Got)
Sapphire ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512MB (Ordering)
x2 Western Digital Raptor 74GB (Got)
FSP Sparkle FX600-GLN Epsilon 600W ATX2.0 PSU (Ordering)
Thermaltake VB1000BWS Soprano (Ordering)
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler (Ordering)

It is the RAM and MOBO combination he says wont work he says it wont even boot up, but yet it is the right type of RAM for that board he just says that OCZ RAM dont work on that board. :confused:

What do you guys reckon? Have you ever herd this?

I assume the other guys that replyed to my last post about my new build have not ever herd this before as it was not brought up by anybody when I asked which parts to go for when getting the last few parts.

Thanx John

Associate
OP
Some dude at OcUK when I was asking wether they sold anti static wrist bands and asked him to just check over what I was ordering.

Thats why I am so worried as I would say they are the guys in the know really.

But nobody else has ever warned me of this when I have been asking for advice on parts.

Soldato
Doesn't sound right, but ASUS recommend you only use Corsair as they are their 'Development Partner'. As yet there is no qualified vendor list for that motherboard.

There is a review on Viperlair that uses that motherboard and RAM combination, so it ought to be OK.

The only other thing I can think he might mean is that you would benefit from buying DDR2 800 RAM as that board supports it as a menu option ie. you can run your RAM at double the processor speed without overclocking it.

Soldato
maybe try contacting OCZ, they have a forum and the last time i was there they where very active and helpful. some chap pluged his UK PSU in while set to 110v and while a few members laughed at him an OCZ chap came on and told him to send it back to them and that they would replace it for him for the cost of postage.. perhaps to spite those who where being nasty :confused:

Associate
OP
Cheers mate yeah I am onto that now I have already asked the question on the Asus forum and this is the only responce I have had so far.

I dont know if ocz has issue with this motherboard, but i know that it does have with the one i currently own (based on nforce).... seems to be a chipset problem. i dont think you'll have problems with the p5wd2-e

ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe, Pentium Extreme 955, 2gb Corsair 5400, 2x74gb RAPTORS in Raid 0, 250gb SATA2, BFG 7800 GTX, Enermax 701ax 600w, Plextor 716a DVD Burner, Logitech G15 Keyboard, Logitech G5 Mouse

Associate
Hi, to be absolutely sure on memory module compatibility with your motherboard, you should check the appropriate websites of a) the motherboard manufacturer and b) the memory manufacturer.

If you're buying branded RAM (Kingston, Corsair, OCZ etc.) then the chances of running into compatibility issues are slim, but you never know! Asus 'boards used to be very fussy with Kingston, for example.

If you hit an issue within 7 days of receiving your parts, send it back and exchange it for another brand.

Back
Top Bottom