Ram for Conroe?

Suspended
guys whats the best ram you can buy for Conroe

G.Skill 2GB DDR2 HZ PC2-8000 (2x1GB) CAS4 Dual Channel Kit (F2-8000PHU2-2GBHZ)

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC2-8000 Dual Channel Extreme Edition XTC Platinum Series EL-DDR2 CAS2 (OCZ2P10002GEEK) (MY-068-OC)

Going to buy a Extreme Edition Conroe CPU when it comes out. looking at getting the ram early

Thanks

Lee

Soldato
I have no idea. Also got no idea why it says cas2 on all the DDR2 OCZ ram...
If you're running the ram at stock then probably the Gskill as it has better timings although its not so important on the intel platform, if you're overclocking the ram, I'd take a look at XS. One thing though.. why would you buy early, surely the price can only go one way - down?

Soldato
Check out Corsair DDR2 PC2-8000C3?
It has EPP or is it EEP? Well, anyway, it works well hand in hand with any nForce590 mobo - it will auto tune for optimal timing and speed - especially good for new overclocker.

Suspended
OP
have just under £3000 to buy a full system including a dell 2407 TFT, also now have sold my 939 rig and now using my sister laptop

Just want the best parts for a pc built around a EE Conroe cpu, going to have alook at some reviews at the ocz Ram

money's not a problem looking to give spie my £3000 ;)

If you had the money would you go for the OCZ Ram?

Xez

Xez

Associate
Dr Jones said:
Check out Corsair DDR2 PC2-8000C3?
It has EPP or is it EEP? Well, anyway, it works well hand in hand with any nForce590 mobo - it will auto tune for optimal timing and speed - especially good for new overclocker.

But he's after intel not AMD so thats irrelevant. Although im sure nvidia will probably make intel versions once they realise conroe is going to be a big hit.

They OCZ is good stuff but deffinatly not CAS2 probably CAS4 all of it will perform the same really just some might overclock better than others

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom