Nintendo DS

Associate
I was going to buy a new Nintendo DS Lite and I am going to sell my old Nintendo DS because I won't be needing it anymore. I was going to sell it on an online auction site but I am unsure of how much I will get. The reason is because it was originally imported from japan and the adapter would not be suitable for someone in the UK. Because of this I don't think it would seall for very much and was wondering if it is still worth selling it.

How much would I get for trading it in at GAME? I know that they don't give out that much but I have never used them before and was wondering how much they would offer. Or is there any other option where I can trade it in for DS Lite. Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Think I saw a sign in game the other day that said if you trade in an old ds when buying a lite you get the lite for 59.99

So thats 40 squid for the ds, assuming the lite is 100?

Soldato
Game will accept a Jap DS as long as you shell out the £5 for an english charger to go with it (they work apparently)
But you will only get £40 for it -£5 for the charger.

Might be worth looking elsewhere first !!

Soldato
Is it really worth spending the money to get a nicer looking version of the same machine :confused:

I'd love a lite but i can't justify spending £50 when i have a perfectly good DS sitting around.

Associate
chimaera said:
Is it really worth spending the money to get a nicer looking version of the same machine :confused:

I'd love a lite but i can't justify spending £50 when i have a perfectly good DS sitting around.

I would say yes in the case of the DS I think the fact its smaller and I think im right in saying the screens are of a slightly better quality so it would be worth the extra outlay.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies :)

I have had a long thought about it and I have decided that I am just going to keep my DS. I think I might actually invest in a PSP instead. I think the DS is a great system but for £100 I don't think I can justify the price for an upgrade in just looks and the screen. Thank you anyway :D

Associate
OP
Would this be a bad time to purchase a PSP? I think I read somewere that Sony may be releasing an updated version soon or there may be a price drop.

Associate
chimaera said:

I'm probably the only one in the world, but I prefer the look of the older DS, it seems to have that 80s future look to it, but IIRC doesnt the lite have some screen improvements, like backlight and reflection?
I'm thinking of importing the old one from Canada for £66 + shipping Bundled with Animal Crossing. Maybe sell AC for £16? £50 = Bargain. :)

Associate
SC04 said:
I'm probably the only one in the world, but I prefer the look of the older DS, it seems to have that 80s future look to it, but IIRC doesnt the lite have some screen improvements, like backlight and reflection?
I'm thinking of importing the old one from Canada for £66 + shipping Bundled with Animal Crossing. Maybe sell AC for £16? £50 = Bargain. :)
I'm with you m8. IMO the new DS lite looks a bit cheapie and plastic and it doesn't fit into my hands very well compared with the old DS..

Associate
OP
Well after thinking about it more I have put my Nintendo DS available for auction online. I thought about the PSP and although it may be a great piece of the lack of games and high price put me off it. I'm going to pre-order a DS Lite now, thanks for the feedback.

Soldato
Is there a "Best Place" to order a Lite from?
My fiancee has decided she wants one for her Birthday (10th July so perfedct release date almost).
I see most places are selling the Lite for £100 "naked".
Any better pricing/deals to be had?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
stoofa said:
Is there a "Best Place" to order a Lite from?
My fiancee has decided she wants one for her Birthday (10th July so perfedct release date almost).
I see most places are selling the Lite for £100 "naked".
Any better pricing/deals to be had?

Doubt you'll get better than £100 m8, prices seem to be pretty standard on em, everywhere i've looked is selling em for £99.99 or there abouts.

Associate
zhuanai said:
I'm with you m8. IMO the new DS lite looks a bit cheapie and plastic and it doesn't fit into my hands very well compared with the old DS..

I prefer the old DS, we went into game yesterday and purchased 2 of them,

They gave me a DS Lite to try out and i didnt like the feel of it compared to the older one ( The guy had it in his pocket ) They must be using it for there Pre-Orders. Dont get me wrong it is stunning but it didnt feel right :(

Associate
frogboy said:
Order it from Austrailia, it's already out over there and you can get it for £72

£92 with New Super Mario Bros + postage + customs(assuming you get hit) from that site also(£100 including postage). Even if I do get hit by a customs bill I'm still saving on getting the UK version(s). If I don't? DS Lite + brand new game for approx £100 :D.

Associate
What are the improvements of the Lite version, other than aesthetics(or not IMO) and are they worth the £40 extra ?

Back
Top Bottom