Irish spend most on alcohol in Europe

Man of Honour
Violent-J said:
Doesn't suprise me one bit. :cool:

To tell you the truth, drinking is cheaper over here than it is in England. I would spend £20 more on average on a night out in England comapred to a night out at home in Ireland, henc why I save my money to drink in Ireland. More craic for less money... can't beat it :cool:

BTW the correect spelling is...

GUINNESS

Soldato
Scuzi, completely off topic, but you officially have the best sig on these forums.

Now, back on topic:

jack2jg.jpg

DERRRRRINK!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Doohickey said:
Scuzi, completely off topic, but you officially have the best sig on these forums.

If only it was my idea. I stole it off a sticker that we are given from our union :o

EDIT: I actually tried that pick up line. Didn't work though.

"Wanna do it safely? Air traffic controller here, I get them in first time :cool: "

I got a red bull & vodka in my face, no sex tbh.

Man of Honour
Arcade Fire said:
Hands up those who are in any way surprised?

Me, that it is so low, but then it is the average spend spread across the whole country so maybe that is quite a lot. I know for certain that I spend way more than that every year so I'm doing my part for Scotland ;)

Soldato
The numbers are misleading and obviously have been created merely for a headline.

For one it is per household - do Irish households tend to have more male adults in them (kids staying at home longer, shared houses)?

It also states the straight cash figure - price of beer changes drastically across regions never mind countries. Does it include taxes, duty, vat?

If Denmark spent most of this in supermarkets it would be probably about the same volume of alcohol if the Irish all spent it in pubs.

Pointless figures to be honest. If they want to say something back it up with real solid figures (volume of alcohol consumed per head, broken into age groups and sex for example).

Back
Top Bottom