Slayer 06/06/06 'Cult'

Soldato
Is anyone else looking forward to 06/06/06?

Not only is it National Slayer Day (lol) but it also see the release of 'Cult' from there forthcoming new album.

The snippet of Cult on here sounds awesome, sounds like Slayer delivering their promise of another heavy album like God Hates Us All.

I really hope they announce the title and release date of the new album on the 6th too as it's also the day they kick off the 'The Unholy Alliance'.

More information here

Other than England winning the World Cup, this for me is the most exciting thing this summer.

Soldato
SidewinderINC said:
not only is it national slayer day, but its the last day of my 2nd year at uni...
It's also my birthday, and I have 2 maths AS level exams - oh the joy! pity I can't be partying like you.

I'll talk to my mate about this slayer release although I'm sure he'll already know about it, the big slayer nutcase. :p

Soldato
Can't wait for the new album but I'd read it had been delayed and wasn't coming out on 6/6/6 now?

Edit:

The band is currently working on a long-awaited new album (due out July 25) that was to be released on June 6, 2006, evoking the Number of the Beast. However, due to recording diffuculties, Kerry has changed the date and used June 6 as the launch date of his personal website. This album will be the first with original drummer Dave Lombardo since Seasons in the Abyss. A small snippet of their song "Cult" from the new album is available at www.slayer.net

Edit again: Seems I misread the first post :p

Last edited:
Soldato
sounds good :D

and the unholy alliance tour :D really wanted to go last time or whenever it was where slipknot + slayer were both playing, but its all in america :|

Soldato
OP
dmpoole said:
Me loves Slayer.
Me can't wait.

Can't you young folk go and find your own music?

I hope you don't include me in that, i'm not that young! I'm old enough to have liked Slayer for nearly 20 years. :p

Still loving the snippet of Cult on the Slayer site, the song is gonna rock!

Soldato
OP
Well today is the day. The single release is imminent. I went to work this morning listening to Reign in Blood in the car.

The only info i know about the new album is the supposed tracklist and there is also the cover art.

Tracklist for the album is as follows;

01. Cult
02. Consfearacy
03. Flesh Storm
04. Jihad
05. Eyes of the Insane
06. Black Serenade
07. Supremist
08. Skeleton Christ
09. Catatonic
10. Final Six
11. Catalyst

Album cover is here

I'm still dying to hear the new single, release it already damnit!

Soldato
OP
'Cult' is on iTunes for 79p. I went home at lunch and tried to get it but went in circles round the iTunes account creation and ended up being late back from lunch without getting to hear it! AARGGGHHH!

Oh, and I still have Slayer on in the car!

Soldato
OP
Just downloaded the single from iTunes and it ******* rocks.

Even though I loved God Hates Us All, I'm happy to say that 'Cult' betters anything from that album IMO. I recommend you download this ASAP.

"Religion is hate, Religion is fear, Religion is war

Religion is rape, Religion's obscene, Religion's a whorrrree!"

Now how do I burn this ****?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom