are tft monitors better for sunlight glare?

Suspended
i sometimes have to close my curtains so i can see my crt monitor properly because of the sunlight are tfts better suited to sunlight?

Man of Honour
the traditional Anti Reflective (AR) coated screens are a bit better since they are like a matt finish. Just be wary of glass fronted screens like Sony's X-Black range, the NEC OptiClear series and the likes, as these are pretty reflective

Permabanned
Baddass said:
the traditional Anti Reflective (AR) coated screens are a bit better since they are like a matt finish. Just be wary of glass fronted screens like Sony's X-Black range, the NEC OptiClear series and the likes, as these are pretty reflective

beat me too it... but most standard TFT`s are Anti Reflective, its not perfect but its a lot better than glass.

Permabanned
Are all the glass fronted TFT's the same when it comes to light reflection? I as cause i am interested in the Xerox XAP 17" TFT that has a glass front.

Soldato
Agreed, they are far better, but you still wouldn't want to use one with it facing too near a window. If a CRT was 15% reflective, a TFT might be say 3-4% reflective maybe.

Back
Top Bottom