Taken a Pic on my new W800i |I'm impressed

Soldato
Oh man haven't the cameras on phones come on you'd of thought I'd have taken this with a Dig Camera. I've seen pictures taken by other phones and they look awful but I'm really happy with the camera on the W800i

Just a pic of my baby Sherry I love her millions.

Oh yeah thanks Spamalot for pointing me in this direction. :cool:

Soldato
OP
I was prepared to pay about £200 it was cheapest on Virgin at £210 after cracking my PSP screen I thought I take out accidentle damage insurance this time on the phone so it ended up £245. :eek:

To make it feel not to much of a rip off I looked at like this. Bang in my 2Gb Dou and it's it abit Like an good camera an Ipod nano and a good phone all in one.

Crazy thing is a sim free version is £290 but whats the point of that as all I have to do is change the sim card as it's not locked. So you may as well get the cheapest deal.

Last edited:
Soldato
WatchTower said:
I was prepared to pay about £200 it was cheapest on Virgin at £210 after cracking my PSP screen I thought I take out accidentle damage insurance this time on the phone so it ended up £245. :eek:

To make it feel not to much of a rip off I looked at like this. Bang in my 2Gb Dou and it's it abit Like an good camera an Ipod nano and a good phone all in one.

Crazy thing is a sim free version is £290 but whats the point of that as all I have to do is change the sim card as it's not locked. So you may as well get the cheapest deal.

Were you not one of the people that have added you to msn then? I though thats what the thanks was for, was it not?

Soldato
WatchTower said:
No you gave me the tip here in this thread mate
Thread

Oh, ok. just some people added me to MSN and asked about a cash back deal where you could get the W800i and a ears worth of contract mins and txts for £20...............

But I wont tell you about that know it might up set you. Wow, £245 thats a lot of money!!!

Not seen ebay?

Permabanned
For comparison heres a couple of pics taken on the E900 - not at highest settings, I didn't realise at the time, these are 800x600

A mate of mine bought himself a couple of new toys (this boat and a modified landrover to tow it with) and as I had only bought the phone an hour earlier I hadn't played with the camera settings at the time.

Being a gorgeous day I think i might go out and take a few pictures on highest settings to see what it can do.

Permabanned
Psypher5 said:
Thats a big boat D:

Heh yeah it's pretty silly, 2.5l V6 outboard :eek:
It's for waterskiing, so I might get a chance to drive it :)

Anyway - photo quality..... I thought they were pretty reasonable, not quite w800 standards but pretty decent nonetheless. The camera is 2mp on the E900.

Permabanned
goody_106 said:
the pic off the w800 is very impressive what quality is the camera on that phone?

Shamelessly taken from a review site:

Pictures are taken in three different resolution schemes: 160 × 120, 640 × 480 and 1632 × 1224 pixels. They are saved in JPEG format. The camera is also able to shoot video with sound in a 176 × 144 resolution and 3GP format. The maximum record length is only limited by the free space in the memory card. You can use the zoom during the shooting process. The camera is equipped with 4x digital zoom allowing for up to 30 zooming steps.

The camera is the same as the K750 and widely regarded as being about the best on the market in a phone so far. It is 2mp, there's also a seperate attachable flash device for it. Comparisons of the W800 with the Nokia N90 have put the W800 out on top.

Back
Top Bottom