Which cases can accompany a 120.3 rad inside it?

Permabanned
Been thinking of getting another case for my rig. I currently have the original CM Stacker case (with windowed side panel) and I have my 120.3 in the bottom of the case which fits quite nicely. Been looking at the current cases on the market but im unsure that I could fit my rad inside them. If there is anyone else out there that has 120.3 inside their case let me know what model you have!
Also why dont more of the current cases have windowed side panels anymore, is that not cool any more or something?

If anyone knows of some big upcoming cases can you let me know about them too, I love choice!

Thanks

:)

Soldato
Mountain mods U2 UFO..

Its a cavernous case...

You can get one in easily, probably two if you modded it!

Mine: (shortly selling the case :( )
2006-04-19_Black_Mountain_front.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/vdubhub/...ng/2006-04-19_Black_Mountain_Watercooling.jpg

Cya,
Sam C

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Scoobie Dave said:
Yeah, I quite look that. Would be nice to see a pic with the rad and all the bits and pieces inside.

you sorry cant show it in use its off another forum for sale so dismantled but i bet it looks tres bien when together, and i agree mountain mods are very ugly.

Soldato
i though my old Cheftec big tower would do it but it won't (i would have to have the door open all the time , so when i get to finish my moding it (drilling new fan holes repainting it ) i shall just stick the rad ontop on its side , can't be assed to make a stand at this time.

Permabanned
OP
ichabod crane said:
lian li V1000b you can mount a 120.3 in the roof looks nice to with a grill,

link to it been done :)
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bits0190lp.jpg

Can you do the same thing with the Lian-Li PC V2000?

I think the V1000b is a bit small for me.

Edit: Anyone thinking of getting a PC-S80? Do you think you could fit a 120.3 rad inside that?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
if the v200 is bigger then hell yes :), and the s80 from what i heard is a monster so again plenty of room to do the top mounted rad

edit (i think the S80 is not an upside down mobo tho so would be mounted at the bottom like in your stacker)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
wow not what i was expecting when filled, dont think your going to get a 120.3 in there without a lot of modding. And as for windows i prefer to cut my own not keane on purchased ones anyway. and maybe because more people mod there cases nowadays maybe they just thought they dont need window panels

Soldato
G70 as the new replacement for the PC-70 is better suited than the S80 as it has dual PSU mounts ala original stacker so plenty space to mount a triple rad at either top or bottom.
b_pc-g70_b.gif
b_pc-g70.gif
b_pc-g70_2.gif

Soldato
S80 has dual pannels and is more like a Windy case, not going to be good for internal water cooling at all. Looks a beast though. :D

G70 is the successor to the PC70 which is arguably the best case for watercooling out there.

Permabanned
G70 looks like a stacker to me.

2 spaces for PSU at top and bottom, same as stacker. Just all aluminium and looks a little better.

Back
Top Bottom