Logitech MOMO Steering Wheel

Soldato
How odd, my MOMO wheel arrived Wednesday. So far, seems to be very good. Well made, robust, decent feedback. And yes, jsut ahs the USB connector and a seperate power transformer.

Associate
Conscript said:
How odd, my MOMO wheel arrived Wednesday. So far, seems to be very good. Well made, robust, decent feedback. And yes, jsut ahs the USB connector and a seperate power transformer.

I wouldn't say its robust... my momo split in half and now has 4 big bolts through it to keep it together. :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
Conscript said:

Just recieved mine and it didn't include a "UK" adapter. Just wondered was this the same for you? Do I have to buy my own adapter etc? :(

Soldato
I ordered mine from a European based etailer. It came with a European style plug on the transformer, but they suppled an EU-UK adapter free of charge.

Sel

Sel

Associate
Conscript said:

Not robust attall, maybe for a casual user once a week for about 30mins will be fine otherwise it will wear at an awfull rate because it uses plastic on plastic as the bearings and were not talking quality plastic here.
They also seem to use invisible grease as opposed to the stuff the rest of the world uses.

Tip:-
If you ever do use grease on your wheel BTW use Lithium grease as it won't eat plastic.

There is a plus side though You can fix most of the issues that will arise with constant use to long to go into but you can search the web.

The pedals are most prone to wear and as soon as this starts if it's under warrenty then you should call Logitech and in the past they have just sent out replacement peddals sadley they wear just as quick though. (I don't know if they still do)

I belive the DFP uses metal bearings and thats why it's a little more expensive, thay also have a new more professional wheel out in a few months time.

Soldato
I have had my MOMO for a year and a half now, not a problem and I use it very regulary, used to run 2 hour races in GTR on a weekly basis and lots of practice in between, normally use it 2/3 hours a night 4 times a week, maybe I got lucky or maybe I just look after it a bit better :p

I tried the DFP and found the wheel too be too skinny for my hands, making it uncomfortable to use for longer periods of times, plus I did not like the gear change buttons behind the wheel, did seem a bit more sturdy though but was not for me.

Sel

Sel

Associate
Luck does come into it I know guys whoi had problems after a week, mine started 7months later.

I do use mine 2-3 hrs a day 7 days a week more when I was league racing, I know I need to get a life.
I did have My MSFF for years and it was better built but the Momo feels much better.

I also wouldn't get the DFP for the same reason the wheel looks like it's made for kids hands.

What you pay for a Momo even with it's problems is a bargin considering how much I use it.
I did run GTR myself but prefer GTL now.

Soldato
Bought mine from a famous auction site. For £50.

Was well worth it as i love it to bits. NFSU2 is mint with it. And i can play Juiced a lot better with it as well. Live for speed multiplayer is good with it too.

The forcefeed back is great and i like range of feedback as well. A tip. Go to start/controlpanel/game controllers. Find MOMO there, and click whatever to test wheel up as in buttons working etc. Press buttons on your MOMO and you will get bangs, crashes, blown out wheels. Its fun as hell :p

GT Legends supose to be best game to get for wheels. But aint got that cos its starforce crap.

Got enough driving games i think anyhow. Think i might reinstall the old Grand Prix Legends and use a mod or somit. Might actually be able to control the cars in that now. :p

Btw only problem with the wheel is if you keep it clamped on ** desk and your keyboard and mouse are near it, and your mouse is wireless. It can sometimes cause interfearence and make the mouse really dodgy to use as in keeps cutting out with signal etc. I detatched it from desk and stuck on floor. Mouse was back to normal. With a Trust 13021 250SP mouse btw.

Back
Top Bottom