Is Dumbledore .... *MAJOR* Spoiler, that I didn't want to know, thanks.

Caporegime
Feek said:
There is shedloads of back story available that only becomes obvious when you read the earlier books after having read the later ones.

K.

True, but nothing to do with horcruxes, besides the possibility - as you say - of the diary or basilisk being a horcrux.

Associate
vonhelmet said:
True, but nothing to do with horcruxes, besides the possibility - as you say - of the diary or basilisk being a horcrux.

Once you've read the last book, you'll probably find loads of horcux references in the earlier books, you just don't know what they are yet.

Suspended
vonhelmet said:

I swear there's a line in one of the earlier books that goes something like "Thought the Dark Lord's soul is shattered...", although I may be wrong..

Associate
Speculation is all well and good, but I don't think JK Rowling does conspiracy.

He's dead, that's it, nuff said.

The probability of there being at least 1 Horcrux linked to Harry is quite likely, let's see who can figure out what it is first :p

Commissario
dymetrie said:
The probability of there being at least 1 Horcrux linked to Harry is quite likely, let's see who can figure out what it is first :p
Hedwig.

*loads .22 rifle*

Who fancies some Owl soup, followed by roast Owl, with Owl ice cream to follow?

K.

Associate
OP
Ok so possible final book spoiler predictions

in dark

Dumbledor isn't dead and comes back along with Snape to help Harry defeat Voldemort and the Death Eaters

Wormtail helps Harry but dies in the process (because Harry saved his life in book 3)

Harry dies (probably while killing Voldemort) - JKR overheard saying that 'Harry is dead' to a friend)

Commissario
Sorry Ben, I don't buy that for a couple of reasons.

1) See my post 2.

2) I don't believe she discusses the storyline with anyone apart from editors. There's too much risk, the 'friend' could well be tempted to leak the story for lots of money.

K.

Associate
OP
It's all rumours, but the well known fact is that JK is fed of writing Harry Potter stories and wants to do something completely different, so doing what i mentioned would see logical. Happened in Sherlock Holmes.

Permabanned
dymetrie said:
cheers lad...

not the answer though ;)

potter9op.jpg

You kinda asked for that :p

Associate
Feek said:
I don't believe that for a second. Although we know from the prophecy that 'neither can live while the other survives' there's no evidence that Harry himself is a horcrux. Dumbledore has already destroyed one horcrux and RAB (probably Regulus Black) has removed another. I think that Dumbledore would have known if Harry were a horcrux and would have told him.

K.

I very much beg to differ;

Part of the criteria for being a horcrux is to be slightly damaged. The locket was broken, the diary was torn… Harry has a very well known sign of damage. The whole reason he can’t be killed by voldamourt is because he is an “accidental” horcrux, which also explains why he has so much magical ability and can speak Parselmouth.

But then I don’t really follow the books that much so may have missed something blindingly obvious that smashes that theory to pieces :o

-Will

Associate
OP
Just think its turning into the X-Files story - Mulder believes in Aliens which in-fact is just a goverment cover-up of something else that turns out to be a cover up of a cover-up i.e. there actually is Aliens.

Just like with Snape is he evil or isnt he?

If he really was evil would have stopped Quiril getting the Philophers stone (in the first book) eventhough lord voldemort was attactched the back of his head?

No i'm pretty sure Snape is good.

Last edited:
Associate
omg at all the poeple giving the OP grief about this thread. Get a grip. I thank the OP for linking to a pretty cool site.

The books been out for ages, spoilers occur *before* an official release or on the day of it.

And I can't believe that no-one actually figured out for themselves that DD made a horcrux.. it was completely obvious at the end of HBP.. I didn't need a website to help me understand a book intended for children, unlike some, apparently :)

:p

Associate
ben_j_davis said:
Just think its turning into the X-Files story - Mulder believes in Aliens which in-fact is just a goverment cover-up of something else that turns out to be a cover up of a cover-up i.e. there actually is Aliens.

Just like with Snape is he evil or isnt he?

If he really was evil would have stopped Quiril getting the Philophers stone (in the first book) eventhough lord voldemort was attactched the back of his head?

No i'm pretty Snape is good.

AH but thats been answered from the Evil Snape point of view, he had no idea that Voldermort has possed Quiril.

Back
Top Bottom