speaker problem!!!!!!

Associate
Hi i built my own comp on tuesday i used a "ASUS A8R-MVP crossfire ready" motherboard. I put in my graphics card etc and everything works fine apart from my "Creative SBS260 2.0 Speakers" i plugged the green lead into the green jack on my motherboard and i plugged in the power supply and turned on the speakers. Then when i used the disc that came with my motherboard to install the audio drivers it said the driver files arn't compatible with my computer hardware.
(the motherboard has on board sound if you havnt already worked it out yourself)
thanks

Associate
It is done in the BIOS, you need to go to a section (depending on your BIOS version) saying something along the lines of Intergrated devices and in there will probably be AC '97 Onboard Sound or something similar. I only say AC '97 cause its most common. Check for something sound like....

Best of luck

Associate
OP
hi guys just downloading the drivers now
i tried to download the Europe one but it said the file could not be found in this server so ive had to download the global one, i hope it works lol i will tell you if it does or not,
thanks for all the help guys i really apreciate it
thanks again

(sorry i didn't reply very quick but my mum dragged me out food shopping lol, but i dont mind because i picked up a wireless keyboard and mouse from tesco extra for 30 quid, and its microsoft aswell lol)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
hi i downloaded the right driver but it says excatly the same as the one i have on disc (that came with the motherboard)
it said
installation failed, the audio drivers do not support your computers hardware
Note:if you uninstalled audio software without restarting your pc, restart now, then run this setup again
someone please help me this is really starting to p*** me off lol

Associate
OP
no i couldnt find anything that said realtek ac '97 (or anything similar) the only thing to do with audio that i found was hd audio and that is already enabled
im ringing ocuk support now to see what they can do to help me
thanks for the help

Soldato
hd audio and that is already enabled

That's it.

Did you read that readme.txt in with the sound card drivers?
I have no idea if it's relevant or not.

Due to an engineering error, the HD Audio bus driver that shipped in Server 2003 SP1 and Windows XP x64 Edition
contains what is called ¡§time bomb¡¨ functionality that prevents the use of the binary after a certain date.
That date was August 1st 2005 and users may find their audio device stop working after that date.

If the following conditions are true, the computer Intel High Definition audio functionality unexpectedly
quits working:¡E The computer is running either Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
or Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

¡E The computer has an Intel High Definition audio device.
CAUSE
This problem occurs because of a problem in the Intel High Definition audio driver that
is included with Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

The Download Center URLs will be as follows:
WS03

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...06-15B3-4A65-8C52-746BEB24E86C&displaylang=en
WS03 x64

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...06-50EE-4458-902F-F9FC59201B04&displaylang=en

WinXP x64

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...F1-065C-41E8-A148-9D79BD9D24F9&displaylang=en

The reason this happened has been addressed for future OS releases.

Associate
OP
thanks for all the help guys, i just rung ocuk technical support and they said it may be the motherboard and they want me to take it back to the shop so they can test it, so i gotta take it apart now lol
thanks again for all the help u guys are great

Caporegime
Got that motherboard here, its called HD Audio that you want to enable in the BIOS, goto Advanced, Onboard Devices Configuration its in there, you could always find out from the manual as its in there to. :p

If the drivers are not going in, then you could always goto the Device Manager, right clicking the Yellow ? next to the Audio bit, and selecting update driver, then just say have disk etc... and send it to where your file is. :)

EDIT: Just read you have HD Audio enabled already, that is the onboard sound.

Also what happens when you put the motherboard driver CD in and try installing the drivers for the onboard sound from there.

If the onboard sound is enabled correctly, then the driver will show up on the motherboard CD, its called Soundmax summit, if its not enabled correctly then it will not show, the motherboard CD will only show what needs installing thats enabled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom