Oblivion = what downloadable content?

Soldato
Hey,

Pretty much just wondering if any of the downloadable content is worth it?

I was thinking of the pirate ship, and the wizards tower? I just purchased 2100 points, and grabbed Geo wars... not sure about this stuff :)

Soldato
Depends on your point of view on this. None of them are anything special imo.

Horse Armour - Crap, nuff said.

The Orrery - Total waste of time, don't bother. You'll finish this in under 8mins.

The Wizards Tower - Not even a quest, just another house, but it's quite stunning and worth a look. It's in the middle of no where though, so using it as a main house wouldn't be a good idea. Very well designed.

Theives Den - Another short quest. Raid a cave, kill 5-8 bad things and you get a ship with npcs you can hire...great. This is a good map for rogue chars like thieves.

and coming soon Mehrune's Razor. I gave up on the content, none of them aside from Wizzy Tower actually impressed me at all. I was expecting some new enemies but nothing yet. Nice to see them producing ingame content and making users who can't even finish the game to wait for a patch :/

Associate
Kainz said:
Nice to see them producing ingame content and making users who can't even finish the game to wait for a patch :/

I dont understand? is there a problem with finishing the game?

Soldato
Baine said:
I dont understand? is there a problem with finishing the game?
A game of this complexity means it'll have a lot of bugs here and there. Some bugs affecting people, while others aren't affected. With the amount of quests Oblivion is packing, there'll be a lot of 'broken' quests.

I couldn't finish the fighters guild because of one broken quest, which the patch (wherever that is) fixes. In the end, I gave in and backed up my main char, and made a new one and redid the entire fighters guild again to get my last two achivements.

I've still got two broken quests in my journal where I'm meant to find a persons body in a dungeon but he/she isn't there, because I cleaned out that dungeon prior to obtaining the quest.

Soldato
I've got two broken quests - the house in Skingrad (think the guy I need to talk to fell off the bridge to the castle!), and a Dark Brotherhood quest where I have to kill a master of hand to hand combat in Bruma - just can't find him. :(

Soldato
Dark_Angel said:
I gather from the replies that people dont really think it is hugely worth buying any of the extras then?

Hmmm... That ris kind of a shame :(
They're nothing that special thats all. Just something someone has come up with by playing with the construction kit for a few days, to put it lightly. Basically some of these quest downloads are much shorter then the ingame quests which leaves you annoyed. The only download I recommend at the moment is the Wizzy Tower.

Associate
deSade said:
I've got two broken quests - the house in Skingrad (think the guy I need to talk to fell off the bridge to the castle!), and a Dark Brotherhood quest where I have to kill a master of hand to hand combat in Bruma - just can't find him. :(

Down the trapdoor into the basement, under the pile of cloth/linen.

Caporegime
None of the downloads will really change the game, however, if you want to see something different it's worth it for a few quid. It's not expensive, which is a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom