stupid cat

Soldato
Serious thread here:

I'm getting a new carpet etc in my hallway, and today some guys came round to put some stuff on it, not sure what, but this stuff kills woodlice, keeps it away etc, and we we're warned that its poisonous, and to keep all pets away. Well, decided it was obiously best to keep my cats in my room for the time being, until this stuff dries. We we're suppost to leave it for 24hrs, but anyway....I put a heavy wooden thing infront of my door, so that the cats wouldnt get out, but one of my cats managed to knock it down, and made a quick dash out the door(as cats do), it ran straight accross the hallway floor, down the stairs, and onto the bottom floor, where there was even more of this stuff on the floor.
Anyway, the cats away outside now, and I'm pretty worried, what if the stuff is deadly? What if my cats not ok?

Any ideas if this stuff is deadly or not? Is it deadly to animals such as cats?

Thanks.

Soldato
Doesnt sound like it was exposed to it for that long so should be ok... just dont let her eat carpet ;):D

Although having said that, better keep an eye on her cos they do tend to clean their feet when grooming

Soldato
They aren't going to put something that would kill a cat on your carpet are they :rolleyes:. It may not be very nice, but it isn't going to kill it. Seriously, think how much they would be sued if they were using those sort of chemicals in peoples homes, hell, they wouldn't even be in business.

@ SexyBetty ... :o ;)

Soldato
A.N.Other said:
They aren't going to put something that would kill a cat on your carpet are they :rolleyes:. It may not be very nice, but it isn't going to kill it. Seriously, think how much they would be sued if they were using those sort of chemicals in peoples homes, hell, they wouldn't even be in business.

@ SexyBetty ... :o ;)

i'm sure rentokil come and put rat poison around your house if rats are there... that can quite easily kill cats.

Soldato
Does this count as a medical thread? :confused: Anyway... If the cat seems fine then I wouldn't worry about it, but really keep an eye on it and rush it to the vets at the first sign of trouble.

Man of Honour
SidewinderINC said:
i'm sure rentokil come and put rat poison around your house if rats are there... that can quite easily kill cats.
Agreed.

From what they've said it could certainly cause discomfort even if it doesn't kill the little blighter. Its not something worth risking really.

Exsomnis said:
Does this count as a medical thread? :confused:
:/

Back
Top Bottom