wireless keyboard and wireless mouse (microsoft)

Associate
hi i have just brought a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse (microsoft) and they take batteries (obviously) anyway i was wondering if when my comp is turned off are the battries in my keyboard and mouse stil running (i think they are but just enquiring) and does anyone know how long these batteries normally last for?
thanks

Soldato
the mouse and keyboard will both go into sleep mode after a period of inactivity. use varies, but typically its about 3 months if i recall. its quite a while for mice and keyboards running on AA's/AAA's anyway:)

also, get some rechargables. they last much longer.

Associate
I have Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. The keyboard lasts for ages but the batteries in the mouse seem to last about 2-3 weeks and thats with me taking the batteries out at night.

Just make sure you have spare AA/AAA batteries at the ready should they run out.

Associate
OP
ok im going to buy some recharbles for it when these run out, does anyone know why the keyboard battries last longer than the mouse batteries?
i thought it would have been the other way around because the keyboard is bigger with more buttons lol
thanks

Soldato
the keyboard is really just "press a button and send a signal". with mice you have to power the optical engine, more power-hungry if its laser as well. That takes pics 1000's of times a second so it just eats up current. They still last a long time, but they arent as simple as keyboards:)

Back
Top Bottom