another v1000+ thread

Associate
Hiya guys, looking at getting a Lian-Li v1000+, just a few questions really.

First off, would like to check that my Seasonic S12 will fit fine?

Second, not decided yet on what colour to go for all the pics that i have seen have been the silver ones, which is swaying me as these look really cool, but people are saying that the black ones look better. Does anyone have any pics of the black v1000+? My only reservation on the black one is that you can see the silver fan gril through the front......(petty i know).

Third, cooling, i have read many a thread talking about the cooling of this case and from what i can understand its pretty good, depending on your setup and if you get it right. (aslong as its better and quieter than my Xaser III with 8 fans !) My question was, has anyone put in a top exhaust fan? if not why not?

Lastly, the heat pipe thing. Glad i heard about this as will be getting 1900xtx and new mobo at the same time i buy the case, so def no heatpipe ones then.....thats Asus out the equation then....

Will be looking at getting a bulgin switch and nice digital readout for case, after the classy look this time, had my Thermaltake for years now, been a very good case and served me well, just time for a change. :D

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Associate
well some ppl on here have that case and a heatpipe based mother board. and most ppl are saying theres no probs with heat.

ive got a Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe board and im just saying up for my LL v1000b+ atm.. let you know what temps i get when its all finished

Soldato
Calm down people, I am here now. :p

Dont bother with a bulgin, ehm, just dont and have a look at what the case comes with stock.

Have one of them thar' Seasonics in mine, no worries.

Cooling is on the same level as your case kitted out with high CFM fans, but the v1000+ can do it silently so if that answers your question. :) Much better for dust on a side note as my old Skull was dire.

Heatpipes do still run the northbridge, but it all runs a couple of deg above what it would do if the normal way up, not a major issue but if your trying to get every last ounce of grunt out of your processor then it is a show stopper.

Xaser III you will think was a load of rubbish once youve been in the Lian Li camp for a build and feel up session. :p

mekrel0027ot.jpg

Blue LED's but the camera flash ruined it.

mekrel0044tq.jpg

In that one the LED is to bright and the camera focused on that not the TR3a, which is not a fan controller just a temperature and fan speed monitor.

Associate
I've only had the case 1 whole day but I have found that my heatpiped passively cooled asus board rises quite a bit in temp compared to normal atx layout. I got round the problem by fixing a 62mm fan just over the northbrisge which knocks a good 10degC off mine.

Otherwise the heat just sits around the northbridge due to all the heat through the pipes rising to this point. No way of dissapating the heat.

Just to give you an idea,

mobo temp in jeantech atx case = 33degC

mobo temp in lian li V1000+ = 42degC

Mobo temp in lian li with small fan mod = 31degC

@ yewen

you got a pic of the inside now that you've changed from a hiper type "R"ubbish

Associate
OP
Thanks Yewen, the cases do look the dogs.

What is the controller that you have on yours then ? looks like *** tr3. As for mobo well one of the Asus's gives you the option to attach a fan to the heatpipe i think....either that or i will just go for the Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe Crossfire, no heatpipe.

So the switch on the v1000 is pretty good out the bag then :D . As for vfd's i was thinking something like the Matrix Orbital MX522 Silver Aluminium. Would take up 2 bays, but thats cool. Either that or the imon that OcUk now have in stock, but not keen on the nob.

On the fan side, so a top exhaust fan is not worth it then?

Yewen, do you know of anyone with a black v1000 with pics? Like the silver a lot, but hey....

Thanks a lot guys for you input so far :D

Associate
OP
Thanks for that, seems that these cases are getting a cult following, never seen so many threads on them.

Still one the wiser if to go for silver or black though. Do have a while though as getting married and going on honeymoon before i can then come back and order case, m/b and graphics card, so looking at 2 months ! argh! :rolleyes:

Soldato
Sherm said:
Yewen, got enough people in your msn list ! lol :p
Huh. :confused:

Go with silver you know you want to!

Do have a picture but I am not going to post it due to the horribly bunch of cables I have tucked away at the moment. :cool:

Associate
I've not seen a black one in the flesh but the silver ally is the main reason I'm not putting a side window on it.lol

That brushed ally looks very striking in the flesh.

Associate
OP
THink its going to be the silver one, i wanted a black case for my next one ( as had silver for so long) but this case in silver looks so cool !

As for a side window, well the ones that i have seen are really clean and are still brushed, might have to get one. ;)

As for water cooling then i guess the pum would fit in one of the compartments quite well....thinking of the Swiftech H20-220 Apex.

Anyway, thanks guys for all your help on this one. :D

Back
Top Bottom