• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which card for £200

Associate
Been looking around for a new graphics card, I currently have a X800 GTO @16pp 540/540, and can play most games like Oblivion, 1280X1024 (medium detail) but no HDR!

So looking to upgrade, really not sure what to get as theres so much in the market!

Should I go for 7900 GT, if so which brand, as I saw the gigabyte version for £190 or BFG for £193? or... X1900GT(but ive read they dont perform v.well!)

Soldato
Personally I'd go for a 7900GT with a VF900 and clock it to hell and back. But if you arn't into overclocking then the X1800XT seems to bloody good value at the moment and performs better than the 7900GT at stock.

Associate
OP
Exsomnis said:
And will be near enough useless until half way through next year, so he might as well get a current card. :)

thats exactky why I'm upgrading, and the fact that Ive sold my X800GTO, really don mind the overclocking, as long as the card performs stably, whats the 7900 GT like with Oblivion, or is that just a rumour, 'ATI terrority'?

ps. Thanks for the welcome

Soldato
assadasghar said:
thats exactky why I'm upgrading, and the fact that Ive sold my X800GTO, really don mind the overclocking, as long as the card performs stably, whats the 7900 GT like with Oblivion, or is that just a rumour, 'ATI terrority'?

Oblivion is actually ATi territory, particularly in outdoors areas.

Associate
OP
assadasghar said:

apologise for the poor spelling...terrority...meant territory.

Soldato
DBSE_Snake_XE said:
On that note, do you have any idea what ATi cards support SM 3.0?
The X1800 and X1900 series, and they also have the ability to render SM3.0 HDR and antialiasing at the same time which is, to-date, totally unique to those two series of graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom