Need a new case less than 55cm in height, any suggestions ?

Associate
Title says it all :

Need a new case less than 55cm (21.6 inches) in height, any suggestions ?

Gonna build a new PC once Conroe is out and my current desk will only take a case with height up to 55cm.

Any idea's ? Quietness is a key factor.

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
PC7+.

If you want my sales pitch ask or check out another thread in CC, should be able to find it within a few posts. :p

Seriously mind, the PC7+ is the king of value for money, you get SO much for SO little, it can fight with TJ07's and v1000+'s and give them a run for there money in lots of areas, before just losing out; for a £55 case it makes it a bargain, bar the Eclipse there is little below the £100 mark that can even touch it. The amount of users on this forum happy with it speaks for itself!

Soldato
I'm sure you are aware that the glowing reviews handed out by SilentPCReview to Antec products are not entirely unrelated to the fact that the reviewer is also one of the designers of these Antec quiet cases.

Therefore, he is not entirely impartial.

Soldato
I never knew that, just I don't bother with reviews, no reviewer picked up on how rubbish the v1000 was, no reviewer picked up on the side panel on a Stacker 830.

I just ignore the reviews, I only care what I think of the cases as I know I just want the best product or ATCs plastered on it. :p

Soldato
Yewen said:
I never knew that, just I don't bother with reviews, no reviewer picked up on how rubbish the v1000 was

I read a review somewhere which puts me off the v1000 because of all the "holes" - they said having a input fan is useless thanks to the cheese grater style. Also on how IDE cables can't reach.

So just need to read multiple reaviews - for multiple views :) Some are more negative and some are mroe positive.

Eclipse is a good case but not a lot of people like the front "cheap" plasticy looks.

Soldato
Yes but none of the reviews ever pick up on the killer problems with the v1000+; they only manifest themselves when it comes to adding in components at a later date usually.

User reviews are the best way, get the opinion of a person who has lived with the case a little, gives a much more rounded view on it, also will be in the context of what you want; as you have to be interested in the case to read the user review so you have the same tastes as the reviewer then!

Hope that paragraph above makes some sense, but its what I go by; 2 people owning the case for a week and slating it to me holds more credability than 100 reviewers using it for an afternoon.

Soldato
Yewen said:
Hope that paragraph above makes some sense, but its what I go by; 2 people owning the case for a week and slating it to me holds more credability than 100 reviewers using it for an afternoon.

hmm... true dat.

Soldato
The whole Eclipse vs. V1000(b)+ thing has been done to death everywhere - particularly between Yewen and myself. We now have a sort of truce where we agree;

The V1000+ is better looking
THe V1000+ is better made
The Eclipse is a bit bigger inside
The Eclipse is better for cooling
The Eclipse+ decent fans is not that much cheaper than a V1000+ which already comes with good fans

If you can afford it, get the V1000+, but you would also be delighted to be the owner of an Eclipse.

I don't want to type on Yewen's keyboard, but that's how I see it.

Soldato
I agree, not much between them.

On a side note:

If you want a pre-made window, the Eclipse becomes the much cheaper option, as the Lian Li panel is very expensive. (read 1/3 the price of the case)

SLI is generally better suited to the Eclipse if your going to be overclocking, but the v1000+ is more than capeable of running SLI, I have made 2 rigs with SLI in them just fine. :)

Soldato
why oh why did i have to be attracted to the wavemaster, i saw the eclipse and thought oh no screw that its just alll black. I should have done more research, live and learn tho i spose,

Soldato
The Wavemaster is a cracking case, just needs a bit of modifying to be a excellent one.

Its flaw is it took a superb design circa 2002, then blocked the front intakes of it.

Solve the intake problem and you crack it.

A bottom mounted 80mm fan is the solution I will be trying. :)

Soldato
what i have been toying with is grabbing a fairly thick drill bit and makeing some larger holes at the front because at the moment the holes look so small, and get dusted up easily, theres a 9 quid impractical quick fix, which is buying a drivebay like the coolermaster 4in3 and using its 120mm fan as a intake but that wont cut it. because if your goiung to do that, why by a wavemaster?

Soldato
Also the door. :p

Intake at the bottom of the case, it is the future!

What I am going to do to mine when I finally get time, will let you know how I get on unless you get it done before me.

Suspended
WJA96 said:
I'm sure you are aware that the glowing reviews handed out by SilentPCReview to Antec products are not entirely unrelated to the fact that the reviewer is also one of the designers of these Antec quiet cases.

Therefore, he is not entirely impartial.

As far as I know, the reviewer on silentpcreview was simply consulted on some stages of the design process of some antec products, not all that are/have been reviewed - but either way, the guy isn't exactly a major Antec designer - just some quiet/silent pc nut who knows his stuff about that topic. The reviews always seem fair, and the bad points are always highlighted if the articles are read thoroughly.

Back
Top Bottom