Any coin collecters here ?

Associate
Basically i found a coin in the loft when i was diggin around up there the today

The writting is as follows

Head side - Elizabeth || DET GRATIA REGINA F.D 1965
Tail side - A picture of winston churchill with his name round the side

It is the size of a £5 coin and silver in colour , Will take a picture when i find my camera lead :rolleyes:

Any help is brilliant , Thanks very much

Regards Skywalker

Soldato
Skywalker said:
Basically i found a coin in the loft when i was diggin around up there the today

The writting is as follows

Head side - Elizabeth || DET GRATIA REGINA F.D 1965
Tail side - A picture of winston churchill with his name round the side

It is the size of a £5 coin and silver in colour , Will take a picture when i find my camera lead :rolleyes:

Any help is brilliant , Thanks very much

Regards Skywalker

I have a few of those, £5 crowns I think they are. Don't get too excited old coins are rarely worth more than their weight as scrap metal sadly.

Soldato
I'm guessing you've found one of these ?
1149286362_thumb.JPG

Associate
Lee2k4 said:
WE HAVE £5 COINS? :eek: learn something new everyday

no longer legal tender IIRC. The 1oz gold britannia is legal tender with a vlaue of £100 (but costs nearly £400). Same with sovereigns: £1 face value, £80 each to buy

Soldato
bottletop said:
no longer legal tender IIRC. The 1oz gold britannia is legal tender with a vlaue of £100 (but costs nearly £400). Same with sovereigns: £1 face value, £80 each to buy

£5 coins are legal tender. Any minted coins are legal tender, it is however up to the company/bar etc, wether they want to accept them.

fuz

fuz

Associate
I have one of those, its a churchill crown they produced as soon as he died in 1965, there are loads of them about (10 million?) i'm afraid so unless its in uncirculated condition it ain't gonna buy you much :(

Back
Top Bottom