O2 Crazily cheap contract renewal price :@

Soldato
Well I was going to cancel my contracts (mine and my wifes) with O2 so I phoned them up to say I wanted to transfer onto pay as you go so I can keep the numbers. Instead they offered me: £100 credit loyalty bonus, Heavily Discounted price line rental for life, free 150 texts pm.

So for 50 mins anytime + 150 txt pm it worked out at £9.70 for the whole year taking into account the £100 credit.

Basically they said they will do this for any price plan to keep my business. I was pleasently supprised as these are the only phone company to offer me this level of dicount in 6 years.

Gonna push to see what I can get tomorrow.

Soldato
yeah its the best option to phone up and threaten to change phone company.
I did it with O2 on my last contract, im on 600minutes and 1000text a month for £30 i think, or £25, cant remember!

Soldato
I got the same last year, but for £10 for 2 months i think it was i had 500 free texts per month and 300 off peak mins. Think i had £100 credit on my phone or the equivelent of 10 months free anyhoo. I didn't want a new phone or the hassle of selling another so it worked out superb for me :).

Soldato
tsinc80697 said:
yeah its the best option to phone up and threaten to change phone company.
I did it with O2 on my last contract, im on 600minutes and 1000text a month for £30 i think, or £25, cant remember!

But what handset did you get?

Soldato
LeperousDust said:
I got the same last year, but for £10 for 2 months i think it was i had 500 free texts per month and 300 off peak mins. Think i had £100 credit on my phone or the equivelent of 10 months free anyhoo. I didn't want a new phone or the hassle of selling another so it worked out superb for me :).
You could probally get a deal simular to that with a new phone if you can deal with cash back.

Permabanned
T-Mobile did something similar to me today.
I rang them for my PAC and they asked why I wanted to leave.
I explained I wanted a new phone and they had nothing that I liked and that I wanted the Vario 2 when it came out. I also explained that I was buying a E900 on O2 at that point in time.
He offered me a £15 per month contract with £15/month discount i.e. a years free contract and a SE w510? or similar type phone. I said I'd call them back when I decided.
It seems mad that they are doing that to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
i called up and told them i was gonna cancel..and they offered...wait for it... to put me through to cancellations.. that was it.. gits :eek:

but they messed up sending my phone out so i kicked off with them and got 2 months free contract.. = £70.. not too bad.. but not great lol ill try harder next time ;) :D

Soldato
VIRII said:
T-Mobile did something similar to me today.
I rang them for my PAC and they asked why I wanted to leave.
I explained I wanted a new phone and they had nothing that I liked and that I wanted the Vario 2 when it came out. I also explained that I was buying a E900 on O2 at that point in time.
He offered me a £15 per month contract with £15/month discount i.e. a years free contract and a SE w510? or similar type phone. I said I'd call them back when I decided.
It seems mad that they are doing that to me.
How many mins in the contarct though, thats where they will probally make up the money.

Permabanned
Spamalot said:
How many mins in the contarct though, thats where they will probally make up the money.

I am guessing very few, assume 100.
I've yet to go back to them and thrash it out, I'll see what they come up with.

Associate
i rang up today and said i had moved to t-mobile and wanted my pac code. they turned around and said we can cut your line rental from £20 PM to £7.50 a month and give you £75 credit on the account or a free Nokia 6131. Took the phone, which I'll probably sell for £160ish and then pay off the line rental and port my number over to my flext contract = £70ish in my back pocket :D

Seems o2 are offering crazy deals to stop people moving to t-mobile.

Permabanned
cleanbluesky said:
How long have you guys been customers and what networks... I want to upgrade my phone soon so it might be worth trying this trick...

I've been with T mobile about 18 months (way past contract end), I have an 02 contract due to end in October, another T-Mob due to end in July, an orange contract due to end November and the O2 contract that I just signed up for.

2 of the above are contracts for the wife though. I just pay it.

Basically after 12 months you are due an upgrade so have a look around, see what you can get and go for it.

Associate
pfft it just depends tbh, i had 5 contracts with orange varying from level 3-5, they didnt offer me anything so i've ported 3 of them, waiting on 2 of them.. (a few of those contracts had been with orange for 2+years too!)

Soldato
VIRII said:
I've been with T mobile about 18 months (way past contract end), I have an 02 contract due to end in October, another T-Mob due to end in July, an orange contract due to end November and the O2 contract that I just signed up for.

2 of the above are contracts for the wife though. I just pay it.

Basically after 12 months you are due an upgrade so have a look around, see what you can get and go for it.

I'm overdue an upgrade but wanted the K800i and its not out yet. I might wait until the phone is out, phone up and ask for my PAC code... see what I can squeeze from them

Permabanned
cleanbluesky said:
I'm overdue an upgrade but wanted the K800i and its not out yet. I might wait until the phone is out, phone up and ask for my PAC code... see what I can squeeze from them

The trouble with waiting for phones is sometimes they never appear. I've been waiting for the SGH Z700 for 12 months, still no sign of it lol.

Soldato
VIRII said:
The trouble with waiting for phones is sometimes they never appear. I've been waiting for the SGH Z700 for 12 months, still no sign of it lol.

Most companies claim they are getting it at the end of the month, I aint that bothered about who I get the phone from and I will tell o2 this...

someone I know once sent a stern letter to o2 detailing his problems, and o2 responded by asking how they could keep his business. He told them a new phone new, and when model X comes out i want that one too and they obliged...

Man of Honour
Companies are desperate to keep your business. Esp with 3 heavily emerging onto the market.

I wanted to transfer over to them and this is how I "negotiated" things;

500 xnet minutes/month
500 sms/month
02 Gold insurance
+free SEw800i (back in September)

for..

£19.99/month :D

Back
Top Bottom