PGR3 too dark to play

I brought a 360 about a week ago with pgr3, the problem I'm getting is that when I'm driving in the game the screen goes really dark in different parts of the track, the odd thing is, it goes really dark in the unshaded parts of the track and then brightens up again in the shaded parts, it's really making the game unenjoyable, I just downloaded the demo of burnout revenge and this game runs fine, is it just me being fussy or does pgr3's brightness change dramaticly as your driving around ?

well I just played around with the settings and it's still not much better, does this game have some kind of HDR, for instance when you walking around your garage, if you look at the sky lights, or the light coming in from the garage doors you can defenitly notice the brightness levels dropping, but as soon as you look away the screen brightens up again, if this is b-cos of hdr then it's very bugging, I did'nt like hdr in farcry b-cos of this, my own eyes automaticly adjust when things are to bright, I don't need games to do it for me.

Soldato
lowrider007 said:
well I just played around with the settings and it's still not much better, does this game have some kind of HDR, for instance when you walking around your garage, if you look at the sky lights, or the light coming in from the garage doors you can defenitly notice the brightness levels dropping, but as soon as you look away the screen brightens up again, if this is b-cos of hdr then it's very bugging, I did'nt like hdr in farcry b-cos of this, my own eyes automaticly adjust when things are to bright, I don't need games to do it for me.

Whatever its called (as i'm no techy) there is some programming used or whatever to give the effect of walking in or out of a darkroom into bright sunlight and the screen dims or brightens like it would in real life. So this is probably what your seeing, its more noticeable in the garages than in the game whilst racing (not sure if its actually used here)

Last edited:
Associate
I have the same on some corners on certain tracks but I cant remember what now cos I haven't played it for so long!

Out of interest what screen have you got?

Associate
hi.
i use vga as component is slightly dark in places on my samsung lcd.
i think that vga gives the right balance of colours.
before i bought the samsung lcd i was using a sony crt monitor and found colours to be slightly washed out,but when connected to lcd its great.
cheers ian.

Man of Honour
lowrider007 said:
I would have reply'd earleir but had to work, anyhow, yes i'm using component, I think I'm gonna order a vga cable and see if that helps any, i'll report back when tested, cheers
Make sure it's the official and not the joytech one.

Caporegime
lowrider007 said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I've already orderd the Joytech one now :( , are they bad r they ?, anyway it was only 11 quid deleverd, I'll sell it on MM if it's poo and order an Official one :)
No, Joytech ones are good, only you don't get the audio convertor jack with it.

Associate
I had similar problems on PGR3 but since I didn't like it I returned it. I believe it is component problem, though strangely I have seen it run fine on other screens with component.

All of my games are slightly darker than the other screens I have seen them being played on :( In GRAW for example, I turned the brightness from +0/10 to +6/10 before I could see enough without night-vision to play.

Back
Top Bottom