Which would you go for (watch related sorry)?

Soldato
In about 6 weeks I am going to have passed my last exam for this year and will treat my self to one of the following: Explorer II (whit face), SS/Platinum YachtMaster or a 50th anniversary Submariner.

Im leaning towards the Exp II because its half the price of Yatch and I am looking for something I will use day to day as my TOG is getting really scratched.

Also the airport “duty free” shops claim to give duty free prices to all so will I be able to get 17.5% off list price?
img10386688308yt.jpg

yacht18rz.jpg

exp2a1zt.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Although Im an Omega man, I like the look of the Submariner, but if thats a 50th Anniversary edition im sure its going to cost a bit more, what are the retail prices on these?

In terms of which shop to buy it in, I would be happier buying from a trusted local dealer, Im quite sure he'll match the discount offered by the Duty Free shops, and you have peace of mind in case anything goes wrong. (although he may not be able to match the price on a limited edition model).

Still, its lovely to be able to treat yourself to a lovely piece which you'll get years of use from.

Soldato
OP
robbiemc said:
Although Im an Omega man, I like the look of the Submariner, but if thats a 50th Anniversary edition im sure its going to cost a bit more, what are the retail prices on these?

In terms of which shop to buy it in, I would be happier buying from a trusted local dealer, Im quite sure he'll match the discount offered by the Duty Free shops, and you have peace of mind in case anything goes wrong. (although he may not be able to match the price on a limited edition model).

Still, its lovely to be able to treat yourself to a lovely piece which you'll get years of use from.

Yes I am still considering my local dealer here in Prague, I have a very good relationship with them and they are always really nice to me the only thing is that the prices here are just so much higher then the uk. For example list on the Exp II is £2900 and £3250 on the LV Sub. However I did get my TOG from them:)

I'm also a big Omega fan, I just loved my Mid size Seamaster :), I really should have never sold it.

Suspended
I have had my Submariner for just over a year and i wear it every single day. Still puts a smile on my face every morning, love it to bits.

Soldato
Paras said:
Yes I really would like to have a Patek however its out of my price range by a long long way lol. One day but I dont think it will be anytime soon:)

Save :o

Rolex are tacky :o in my very humble opinionio

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Paras said:
Which would you go for ....
None of them, I'm afraid. I don't think I've ever seen a Rolex I did like. There's just something about the style that I don't like. But this is, of course, a very personal taste.

Caporegime
None of them, they both dont really appeal to me although if pushed id say the second one. I prefer my Breitlings tbh over rolexes, never was a fan of them tbh although i wouldnt mind a daytona rolex...if i could find one at a decent-ish price that is.

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Spawn said:
..... although if pushed id say the second one. I.....
Yeah, me too. It's not that I dislike Rolex, just that the style doesn't do anything for me. But of the three, I'd go the number 2.

Oh, and the other thing about Rolex is that far too many people use them as a "look at me, I've got a Rolex" type of brash statement. Not only do they wear one (or a fake), but they want everyone to know they're wearing it. It just strikes me as one of the prime aims of the average poseur, and while there's obviously lots of people that aspire to them because they're good watches and they like them, there's that crass association with Rolex and I can't get past it.

Caporegime
Sequoia said:
Yeah, me too. It's not that I dislike Rolex, just that the style doesn't do anything for me. But of the three, I'd go the number 2.

Oh, and the other thing about Rolex is that far too many people use them as a "look at me, I've got a Rolex" type of brash statement. Not only do they wear one (or a fake), but they want everyone to know they're wearing it. It just strikes me as one of the prime aims of the average poseur, and while there's obviously lots of people that aspire to them because they're good watches and they like them, there's that crass association with Rolex and I can't get past it.

Agreed, my bro got one from his mum in law, just one of those plain ordinary type of rolex's you get...its not fake. First thing he did was put in a safety deposit box as he quite categorically said, theres no way in hell id be caught wearing such a watch lol:p. I reckon he should sell it and make some money on it but it would be out of order if he did as his mum in law wouldnt be pleased about it.

Hes like me, has about 3 breitlings and an omega watch, it was him that got me hooked on breitlings in the first place lol:p.

Permabanned
I think the last one is the nicest.
A waste of money though, even if you are a millionaire, you can buy a fake one for a few pounds and no one will know the difference.

Back
Top Bottom