Photoshop fun anyone? (read: Help needed!)

Associate
Hi everyone,

I’ve got a big request for anyone handy with Photoshop.

Basically, I’m making a fancy invite template for a beach party in the summer. Now originally I thought I’d set the whole task as a challenge on here, but I thought, nope, gonna give it a go myself. However, my Photoshop skills are severely lacking to say the least, and there’re a few parts I’m stuck on. :o , namely text-creation.

Basically, I need some flash-looking text – the words ‘Beach Party!’ – written in some unbelievably cool way. Just how it looks, is entirely up to the participant. I've seen some very impressive text made by photoshoppers in the past, if only I could do the same.

Now it has to fit a scale of about 3cm tall by 9.5cm wide (although I can obviously shrink it if it’s too big), and ideally it will be slanted to fit a slot like the one below (see crude diagram):

Crudediagram.png

But that’s not essential, as I can alter it myself. *hopes*
I'd also like to ask that it's background is transparent rather than white, black etc.

The artistic types will probably want to know the background it will be on, so low and behold here it is (not to scale):
Beach02small.jpg

Now the reward for whoever dares take such a challenge is to have their masterpiece immortalised on about 25 pieces of card. What more could you want? :D

Many thanks to all who can help,

Peter :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
yhack said:
I got confused, do you mean like this?

beachparty3sw.jpg

Hey, sorry if I was a bit confusing.

That's exactly what I mean, cept you didn't have to place it on the background, that was simply to help with inspiration. :)

Ideally, something a little longer would have been better, but I'll use that if nothing else catches my eye! It's great. :cool:

Cheers!

EDIT: Here's the original background pic, if people do want to stick their text on it: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/peter898uk/Beach02.jpg (url only, to save clogging the thread with big pics) :)

EDIT2: Hmm, seems like photobucket won't let me upload the original above 640*480, so I'll mail it to anyone who wants it.

Last edited:
Soldato

Made the text bigger (not longer, would look streched out) and rotated it slightly. I didn't have the font either so used the original pixels, might look a little jaggy.

Associate
OP
joeyjojo said:

Brilliant, thanks mate, that's just what I had in mind.

Yeah, as you say, it is a bit jaggerdy, but hopefully at the size I'm using it that won't be noticed. :)

philio16 said:
I used that background on my flash presentation for uni a few months back! :eek:

Think it was only a page or two in, on google picture search - "Tropical beach"

Soldato
does one have to use that particular beach image?

The text will jazz it up a little but I cant help thinking a better image could be used...

"were's our invite" :p

Back
Top Bottom