Zalman Reserator 1 cooling

Associate
I just bought one 2nd hand just wondering if it will be ok cooling:

opty @ 1.45 volts (is it good for more?)

and a x1800xt 512.

or is the gfx too hot for it to handle?

Man of Honour
The Reserator is aimed at silence rather than performance cooling, but it still does a pretty good job. Install it first and see how you get on with the temps. If they are low enough, you can always try to push the voltage and clock on your CPU a bit if it can handle it :)

Soldato
fini said:
the fan can be turned down low enough to run @ 20Db - hardly loud is it?

fini
Remember, it's not in your case though.

Anyway, I've said this before, it's fine for overclocked systems. The temperatures might not be so pretty, but they're silent. Who cares what the temperature is as long as the overclocked system runs fine eh?

Soldato
IIRC Baddass, you have this?

A few questions . . How do you rate it, in terms of cooling and actual ease of the WC set up? With a set up like this, are case fans needed?

It'll be my first time into the water cooling arena :o

Associate
OP
Ah thanks for the replies guys, that link though was to the plus version and i bought the 1st edition which has different gfx card blocks. I did see that fan you can buy for it and tbh that would defeat the point...and paying £30 (inc pnp) for a fan is a bit ott.

I guess i'll check out what temps i get and if they alarm me i will probably buy my mate alphacool gear off him (he's a noob, it leaked and he refuses to try again lol) A dual rad on the back of the case with v.silent fans running would have better performance and be quiet?

Associate
OP
Well i've just checked temps on my current system, evo33 on the cpu and stock cooling for my x1800xt.

cpu: idle - 30-34 load - 45-47

gpu!!: idle 65 load - 80! :O

shall i just get a dual rad kit and put some slow spinning fans on it?

Associate
OP
Got the zalman today, won't be getting my gigabyte aurora for another week :S so i don't realy want to try with the sonata *too cramped*

The cpu block is quite heavily scratched what instruments would i need to "lap it (is that the word?)"

Also it came with
zm_gwb1_b_p.jpg

I know i keep asking, but i assume that the people who say it will cool the x1800xt fine have the ZM-GWB2 for it.

I was thinking of buying:
Alphacool NexXxoS ATI X1800XL/XT/XT PE Graphics Card Cooler (WC-007-AC)

Well a friend is selling a NexXxoS NVXP-3 which says it is compatible with 7800's/x1800xt's on a competitors site. Are the zalman fittings 10mm?

Associate
Not sure about that Ja3, as you guessed I've put a ZM-GWB2 on my 1900 - Zalman's site only mentions mounting holes, I guess you will have to wait for Maddness to enlighten us again or see if anyone else has a ZM-GWB1 on one.

Back
Top Bottom