OcUK Case Range - your comments please

Godfather
Godfather
What do you think of our case range and pricing?

Please be completely honest with your answers but stay within the forum rules.

Thank you.

Soldato
Personally I'd like to see a greater range of case accesories. for example a competitor has a large range of lian li accesories from extra hdd racks to case windows. Whilst ocuk have cd covers.
Also a lot of the links to 'full specs' are out of date (only really noticed this in the lian li page)

Theres a great range of cases, without any cheap rubbish found elsewhere. And the prices on most things are excelent (atm I can only think of things that are cheaper than elsewere). On occasions the information isn't very clear as to what the specs are, I've had to find myself researching details on cases elsewhere before recomending them to others.

Would it be possible from the case pages to have direct links to reviews of cases?

Soldato
Overall the pricing is good. Could do with a slightly larger range though, especially HTPC cases. Would also be nice to see some of the newer cases coming into stock faster if possible, ie the new LianLi range. Also as mentioned above a greater range of accessories would be nice.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well the really good bit first:

You have the Lian Li PC7+ very well priced, but if you could confirm it was 120mm x 120mm and add £3 not £40 like a competitor to the price you would probably see a few more sales.

Onto the bits that I really think you need:

Stock the Lian Li PC7+ side window, and label it as compatable with the PC60 and 7 as the amount of people asking for it and them having to go for a competitor is silly.

You should stock more of the low end Silverstone Lascala cases, having the high end cases is all well and good but most people on these forums at least want the ones below £100 as there HTPC systems are not there main rigs.

You could do with all the new Lian Li cases, bar maybe the G7 as you have the PC60 and PC7+ and its the same case with a different front, may conflict with those two cases.

PC60 should be cheaper, although I know it costs more to get in; compared to the PC7+ in a value for money point of view it is slightly over priced.

You could get rid of the Asus Vento as its a horrible case. :p

One idea is doing case bundles, with a set of fans and a fan controller at a slightly discounted price, but compatable and everything as there seems to be a little call for that as far as I can tell. Maybe a Thermaltake Soprano and an Akasa Eclipse 62 bundle would be a good idea, with a few ££ off for getting the bundle.

There are a couple of decent OEM cases, but I do not know there proper names only the ones branded from competitors, but they would be a good addition to your OcUK value range.

Your Antec Super Lanboy is priced at an amazing level, and comparing it to your OcUK Value range it offers a huge leap in what you get for your money.

I have more but its not forum appropriate due to case names. If you can get Windy cases in at some point it would be a good move, although I know that they are not ok in the EU yet.

Soldato
Yewen said:
One idea is doing case bundles, with a set of fans and a fan controller at a slightly discounted price, but compatable and everything as there seems to be a little call for that as far as I can tell. Maybe a Thermaltake Soprano and an Akasa Eclipse 62 bundle would be a good idea, with a few ££ off for getting the bundle.

[/I]

+1 make it easier for me.

I think more mods for cases would be better, more side windows and things like that

Soldato
dillingerdan said:
Erm would 'Our case range' mean just the OcUK value cases? Or the entire case range of the site?

Im pretty sure Spie means the whole range on the site.
And Yewen, I like the idea of case 'bundles'. Something like a LL pc7+, with Akasa amber fans and a fan controller or similar would be nice.

Soldato
Case bundles would be nice, by the time you've bought fans and accessories the price shoots up.

I'd also like to see a bigger selection of mid-range cases, you get your cheapo ones then ultra expensive £100+, but nothing much in between for about £60.

Associate
All your prices are beatable, but not by more than about £5 so no complaints there. Another vote for accessories, especially window panels where available because I find myself looking at competitors for windows, and also another vote for the new Lian Li cases, if you can get them as early as possible because again having to look at competitors for stuff.

Fluff_eei

Soldato
I would agree with Yewens case bundle idea would be great and save a lot of people asking the same questions on the fourms.

A wider range of Lian Li's would be nice specially the plus models. For instance I will be in the market for a V2000+ soon and I know you have V2000s but are they the plus ones or not (maybe show the internals as this is the only way to absolutely tell?). This would also help if the links to the full specifications works. Not sure if its an out of date model or what but trying to find a V1200+ is impossible, so depending if there is a market for them that would be a nice addition. And if the case accessories for the Lian Li could be expanded that would be excellant with clear instructions which window panel fits which case etc.

Associate
What is there that I could say that the man with his finger on the forum pulse has not already said :D well covered Yewen
On the whole I'm quite impressed with your selection of cases, you have the main brands that matter and your pricing is good.

Just to repeat a point that has been made a few times lately, it is great to see a case like the super lanboy available at that price, something for those not prepared to spend over 50 quid on a case has to be a good thing.

Slightly off the point but valid all the same, I think you should have something along the lines of fan filters like the akasa ones. As said above you do the right cases but lack some of the other bits for finishing the cases off.

Associate
Lots of good ideas here. I think you could do with stocking more accessories and Yewen's bundle idea is very good, but instead of making it fixed like the rest of your bundles, perhaps make a % discount, so that if you buy a case and 4 fans + controller, you get the discount, regardless of what fans or controllers are used.

Closely related to cases, but not qute would be to get some aluminium fans, Coolermaster, Evercool...

As for your own cases, don't think much of them at all, but then you wouldn't stock if you didnt sell. Just a very dated design that a lot of other shops sell under a different name modified in their own way.

And lastly, sell that dusty ltd edition Blue Wavemaster you have in the back to me - you know you want to :p .

BTW chimaera - loving your sig, MI2 was the best - But Murray was a great character in MI3 :)

beh

beh

Associate
As already mentioned, the new Lian Li range for sure and if possible windy cases would be very nice.

Associate
Hi Spie,

What about case modifications, like anodising, lazer cutting and powder coating, or is this soemthing OCUK would not consider?

Regards
Raja

Soldato
messiah khan said:
Overall the pricing is good. Could do with a slightly larger range though, especially HTPC cases.

cant echo this more, being in the market for a htpc soon and would like to find a nice case but there arent many on ocuk at the moment. although you have just got in my personal favourite of the antec nsk 2400. be nice to see the fusion when it is released.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I think Yewen's pretty much covered it all.

Personally, I think it would be nice if you could include more accessories for cases, such as the example with the Lian-Li's; side-panels/windows, 3.5" to 5.25" convertors, etc. I'm pretty sure that the large Lian-Li user base would probably warrant this and with the case of the convertor, I have pretty much found it impossible to be bought elsewhere.

Suspended
raja said:
Hi Spie,

What about case modifications, like anodising, lazer cutting and powder coating, or is this soemthing OCUK would not consider?

Regards
Raja

We used to have great success with modding cases we even had a CNC machine for cutting holes in case sides. The market for this I feel is now very small might be worth trying to kick start it again.

Back
Top Bottom