• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Some noob SLI questions...

Associate
Ok, am no noob but I am to SLI, 1st time im gona give it a go so just got some questions to make sure im not gona destroy anything...

1. The two cards I have are both XFX 7800gtx....one is 490/1300 the other is 475/1250....these will still be ok in SLI together right?

2. I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe....according to the manual when I plug in the monitor to the card im supposed to plug it into the top card in the blue pci-e port....according to an "installing SLI" thing I got with one of my gfx cards im suppoed to plug the monitor into the bottom of the two cards....which controdicts the ASUS manual....can anyone with this mobo and SLI tell me for sure which card im supposed to plug the monitor into?

3. I have a Hiper Type R 580watt PSU...will this be powerful enoguh for the specs in my sig + another 7800gtx?
Also, it says this PSU is SLI certified but as many people with this PSU will know it only has one dedicated pci-e connector, it is supplied with a dual molex to pci-e converter...this should be ok right and should I attach both the molexs or just one? and also to any of the molexs coming from the back of the psu in particular? are some of the 4 modular molex connections more powerful than others?

think thats all I can think of for now thats been bothering me a bit, please can people reply, it will put my mind at ease, thx :)

Soldato
1) will be fine, although the faster card may be clocked down but not 100% sure on that

2) do what the manual says, plug it into the card which is in the top PCI-E slot

3) the psu will cope fine with that spec, use the converter unless there is another 6-pin plug

4) enjoy it! :p

Associate
OP
sounds gd to me :)

just reading something else, would it be best to attach the 2 molex to pcie converter onto one of the modular connections and have that as the only thing on that module? and have all my other stuff plugged into the 3 other modules on my psu?

Associate
OP
Ok have re-wired my comp so I have one cable extra free for card, it should arrive today so will see if it works 2night :)

Back
Top Bottom