Does this annoy you too?

Soldato
Im beginning to understand why england fail so much. We want them too.
It is really narking me off, the way this whole country, its media and population do not get behind their team 100%

Everyday i look in the paper its a story about doom and gloom for the england team. If its not rooney, its owen, or sven, even lampards inability to score penalties. They thrive on it. (now i know bad news sells, but god damn)

Today was freddie lungberg saying we cant win without rooney, who gives a flying **** what you think ljungbergj.
Its high time everyone stopped being so pessimistic, and took a small amount of pride, and blind faith, including the pages of the media, and stood up for England.
We are going to win, and it will make the team feel better if thats what they think we believe.
Rooney is but one man of a team that plays in the best league on earth, with probably the best players on earth.
Believe, believe in england and they will deliver. National pride.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Rant over.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I like your attitude:)
Personally I'm fully behind every player we have going over there, that includes Sven too, if/when we fail I'll get the hump then:)

Edit: Almost forgot that does not include Calamity...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Le Tissier made a good point the other week, instead of being supportive of Walcott the papers were full of ex-pro's all saying he shouldn't be there. Whether they're right or wrong it's all negativity towards the team. .

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
Edit: Almost forgot that does not include Calamity...
and mr hargreaves :D

ye its too true this media seems to pick up on any negativity, and this just escalates through the nation, i wonder when this started as it hasnt always been like this but alas im only a youngster and cant remember the days before the media got on the england teams back at every opportunity.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, we need the 66 spirit, or the spirit of bringing on pele as a sub when he was a youth believing walcott can walk all over the oppostion.

You have to believe Neo, free your mind :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Goatboy said:
Le Tissier made a good point the other week, instead of being supportive of Walcott the papers were full of ex-pro's all saying he shouldn't be there. Whether they're right or wrong it's all negativity towards the team. .

Walcott is not ready at all, he hasn't scored a premiership goal let alone played 1 game. It's negative towards one player, not the team, and it doesn't matter as he won't play anyway.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
i know what you mean sometimes this forum is the same

full of negative people moaning and saying how much the team is crap blah blah blah

:mad: :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
ballistic said:
Walcott is not ready at all, he hasn't scored a premiership goal let alone played 1 game. It's negative towards one player, not the team, and it doesn't matter as he won't play anyway.

I for one hope he does. Its just a gut feeling i have, if owen isnt producing the good, then a gamble should be made.

In 1958, he played in his first FIFA World Cup™ at the tender age of 17. The world was amazed as this slight teenager emerged from nowhere to light up the tournament with his dazzling skills. In fact it was player power that earned him a place in the starting line-up for Brazil's third match against the USSR

Because this could happen, ive seen walcott play a few times, hes very very good.
ok brazil didnt win, but i just want us to prove we can play like the best. Win or not.
Unfortunately decision have been made we dont like, but monaing will not help us.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
ballistic said:

We all know that, the point is what does it achieve having the papers and news full of ex-pro's saying that. It doesn't help the team if any one player is getting bad press.

Permabanned
Goatboy said:
We all know that, the point is what does it achieve having the papers and news full of ex-pro's saying that. It doesn't help the team if any one player is getting bad press.

it doesn't help anyone, but at least they are telling the truth

Soldato
OP
But do you not think that this is the one time they should lie. its not exactly a lie is it either.
An encouraged team can perfom wonders they didnt know they had, underdog can always win if they beleive they can.
The best players in the world, cant. Why because we will them not too.

Why does a home side usual win, because of support.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
ballistic said:
it doesn't help anyone, but at least they are telling the truth

I'm sure you wouldn't want your manager publicly stating it was a mistake to employ you whether true or not.

I was disappointed with sky sports news for indulging these opinions which served no purpose, wheeling out Jack Charlton just to say Walctott shouldn't be there nad little else.

Associate
I'm glad to see it's not just me who hates everyone being so pessimistic, especially John "profit of doom" Motson. It's nice to hear people being positive for once and I for one firmly believe we can win it!

As for Walcott going whether we like it or not so we might as well get behind the lad.

I can't believe some people said we shouldn't take Rooney, I'd gamble on him any day, he's a gem. Just having him there is a morale boost to the rest of the team and if they know he'll be fit for say the quarter finals they'll be playing their hearts out to get there.

We have a brilliant squad of players and we CAN beat anyone!

Come on ENGLAND!!

Soldato
I'm fully behind everyone going out there, absolutely everyone, with no exceptions. Even the Canadian. He's pulling on an England shirt, the moment he does that I'm backing him to the hilt.

Man of Honour
It's really weird how destructive the press can be. They're constantly on the backs of most of the England players (I feel), and it can't be good.

What was slightly weird was how much the papers were behind Arsenal to win the CL this season, even though at one point we set a record by having no English players in our squad even though we were "representing" England in the competition.

Soldato
Yeah.. it can't be easy for the players constantly under pressure from the press and complaints from "supporters".

Everyone should be behind them 100% and not complain when they fall.

Associate
Of course we should be behind the team 100% - the negativity comes from the fact that despite having some of the World's highest paid, and dare I say, lauded players, we have done nothing but fall short in International tournaments since 1966.

Soldato
ChroniC said:
Because this could happen, ive seen walcott play a few times, hes very very good.
ok brazil didnt win, but i just want us to prove we can play like the best. Win or not.
Unfortunately decision have been made we dont like, but monaing will not help us.

Thats Pele, Pele also scored over 1200 top flight goals, and by the time he was picked for a world cup squad had scored something like 6 hat tricks in the league that year.
Comparing Walcott to Pele is just nonsense, not only that picking a boy who hasnt shown ANY kind of promise at top class football is bordering on insane.

Soldato
Supporting England is a funny thing. Given the choice, what would you rather have? The club you support winning the Champions League/ Premiership or England winning the World Cup.

I can safely say most people would want domestic success for their own club as opposed to success for England.

However, this doesn't mean you shouldn't support England. What it does mean is that the same passion seen at domestic games is not there for most people.

I agree with the OP's point- let's get behind the boys and cheer them on. I just find it hard to do with the same gusto as when Liverpool play.

Soldato
I totally feel the same about people being so negative about englands chances in the world cup, it realy gets on my nerves too !

in my eyes we have one of the strongest teams in the tournament and all of our players are basically world class, this has got to be one of the best chances we are going to get in terms of world cup hopes

rooney or no rooney we still have a strong team - we still have players that can grab important goals - gerrard, lampard, owen, j.cole, beckham, crouch :p , their all capable or getting the important goals

then theres the defence which i also think is top class, with an awesome goalie behind them !

got to be our best chance in a while

Back
Top Bottom