New, powerful OCuk machines

Associate
Has anyone noticed that OC has just updated there top-flight machines?

I dont unfortunatly have the £3,000 for it, but I really wish I did with all the problems that I have been having with my current setup. Does any of the mods know if there are any current plans to have a special sort of finance package at all? If there was a might be tempted next year ;)

Associate
OP
I did notice also that they got rid of the Quad SLI quite a while ago now, and probably noticed that it was a bit too much overkill, with reports that Quad SLI is not really a good idea, at least it was with the reviews I was looking at.

I cant really imagine the orders flooding in for new machines until next year, when Vista comes out with conroe in its maturity. Interesting to sit back and see what happens. Maybe a fast conroe with a DX10 card :cool:

Associate
danceMB said:
I cant really imagine the orders flooding in for new machines until next year, when Vista comes out with conroe in its maturity. Interesting to sit back and see what happens. Maybe a fast conroe with a DX10 card :cool:

*/druel*

Soldato
UKTopGun said:

drool, possibly.

And as for Quad SLi - yes it is a waste of time, money and effort. nVidia havent even got all the bugs sorted out in SLi. Only reason for Quad SLi is willy waving.

Anyone seen the new Panther being sold at a competitors? Its a Quad SLi machine and it comes with the Dell 30" beast. In the marketing they say "Quad SLi would be wasted on any smaller screen" just another way of saying "Unless you have a 30" Dell screen Quad SLi is useless".

Anyone who buys a Quad SLi machine needs a thick ear!

SiriusB

Mul

Mul

Associate
I believe it's because quad sli isn't enabled in current nVidia drivers with the 7950GX2.

Associate
OP
And the other trouble with it is that all games to have all the chips enabled has to have a "Quad SLI Profile" and if they do not e.g NFS Most Wanted, then the game will actually perform slower than a single card, as having 2 chips on 1 board meant they had to underclock both chips.

Wait until you have mature, worthwhile hardware when Vista is around

Back
Top Bottom