New 2.1 Speakers - Suggestions

Associate
I've currently got : Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers

and i use my zalman 5.1 headphones for cs and mostly listen to music, so i'm only using 2.1 of the 5.1 system. I was wondering whether i should sell it (i know i wont get much) and get a better 2.1 system? What would you recommend?
Preferabbly would like to spend less than £50.

Soldato
tbh use the 50 to be a soundcard , the creative audigy 4 i have upscales songs so they play through all 5 speakers not just through the front 2, makes it sound great

sorry i cant be any help on speakers though

Soldato
If you listen to mostly music then yes, sell it. However I can't help feeling that £50 would be more of a sideways step in terms of sound quality. I'd say the minimum that you should be looking at are the Aego M's otherwise it won't really be worth your while.

Soldato
These Altec Lansing are terrific but a little more than £50. You can however use them for more than music playback as DVDs also sound great on them. OCUK also do the same item in black but white seems to look cooler. Regardless of which colour you also get wall mounting brackets for the 2 speakers, the sub is a real meaty beast and throws out some serious bass in games & DVDs :eek:

Altec Lansing MX5021 2.1 Speaker System White (SP-012-AL)
The MX5021 is a THX certified 2.1 3-piece speaker system that produces 90Watts RMS. Featuring a polished, piano quality white finish, the MX5021 delivers big time in a powered audio system that not only sounds great but looks terrific in your home or office. Two mid-range drivers in each satellite produce extremely responsive sound, while the hornloaded tweeter offers extra wide dispersion of those crystal clear highs. Not to be outdone, the woofer pumps out deep lows you''ll feel in your bones. Add in THX certification for cinema-quality sound, and you''ve got an excellent alternative to a highend audio system.

- Total Continuous Power: 90Watts RMS
- System Response: 30Hz to 22kHz
- Drivers per satellite: One 1inch horn loaded tweeter, two 3inch full range Drivers
- Subwoofer Driver: One 6.5inch long throw woofer
- Spring clip speaker wire connectors
- Wireless remote & control pod for power, master volume, treble and bass
- Headphone and auxiliary input jack on control pod
- Audio input jack on subwoofer
Full Specification
Price: £84.95 (£99.82 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Associate
OP
Hm...£100 is a bit much for me atm, i don't think i can sell my current speakers for v.much. Any other alternatives?

thanks

Associate
OP
lol yeah thats what i have, and thats what i did! :p

Any other recommendations? *cheaper ones :D

i like the look of the logitech z-4's and was thinking of getting the £140 logitech z5400's if im spending over £100 on 2.1's.

Soldato
If you've got £50 to spend and you can sell the X-530 for £20-25, you're not far off being able to get the AE Aego M. Logitech Z3 should be better than the X-530 for about £40-50.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ok i bought some cheapo logitech z3's hopefully i will notice a difference, if not then they'll be on the for sale forums! ><

Back
Top Bottom