omg killer wasp! :-O

Associate
I was jst on my landing, and saw a wasp that was 2 inches long on my window!!
100_3082.jpg

surely this is not normal? Im not afraid of wasps but seeing that has made me well jumpy! I want to get rid of it but its huge! :eek: :eek:

Soldato
^I did that once, i.e. picking up a dead wasp, except I thought it was, it was only stunned from the edge of the newspaper, and then started buzzing it's wings while I was holding it, and I nearly **** myself... :o

Suspended
One of the most unsettling experiences of my life occured around christmas time when I was 16. We were decorating my room, and had moved the bunkbed to the centre of the room to get to the walls, right under the light fitting. I was sleeping, I turned the light on to help me get out of bed, and was greeted with a wasp at least 5 centimetres long, buzzing on the ceiling not 10 inches from my head. I've not moved so quick in my life. This was in January too, it must have been hibernating in the house and been disturbed by the decorating.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
MasterMike said:
One of the most unsettling experiences of my life occured around christmas time when I was 16. We were decorating my room, and had moved the bunkbed to the centre of the room to get to the walls, right under the light fitting. I was sleeping, I turned the light on to help me get out of bed, and was greeted with a wasp at least 5 centimetres long, buzzing on the ceiling not 10 inches from my head. I've not moved so quick in my life. This was in January too, it must have been hibernating in the house and been disturbed by the decorating.

I was at the beach when I was younger, I think I was probably about 7 or so. I was drinking a can of Pepsi, which I left on the sand as I went for a swim. When I got back, I took a lovely swig of my now warm pop and the next thing I realised was that my mouth was twitching. I realised that some wasps had crawled into my drink while I was away and I quickly spat out the contents on my mouth onto the sand, quite fortunate I wasn't stung on my tongue.

Soldato
As already said, that's a hornet rather than a common wasp. Your choices are clear, if somewhat predictable....

1.) Burn it with fire
2.) Punch it in the ovaries
3.) Nuke it from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Did I miss any? :)

Soldato
Exsomnis said:
The young lady in your picture very accurately portrays how I feel about creepy crawlies. :eek: :o

She was terrified...It was well funny..
The weird thing was she was also fascinated..she made me carry the damn thing round with us all night so she could show people.

Associate
That pic is great, her face defines fear.

My girlfriend is allergic to there stings, she has to carry a injection around with her so if she gets stung i have to inject her with it, until my kids get stung we dont know if either of them are allergic to them so ive gotta terminate them preety quick.

I have a squirty bottle filled with washing up liquid and water, one spray of it and it sticks there wings together so they just drop.

Soldato
Holy **** that is some wasp, I hate them too (bad memories as a kid) has anyone seen that video of the Japanese hornets there huage and there vicious! see if I can find the link

Back
Top Bottom