really happy its not sunny

Suspended
Yesterday I spent all day (from around 9.30am - 7pm) outside in the sun. For the first 2 hours or so i had my top off then i started to feel hot so put the tshirt back on. Then we had a bbq and stayed outside occasionally going in to see the thrashing jamaica got of course!

Last night i smelt like bacon, my neck, face, chest and arms have been fried and are bright red. In bed i was shivering which probably isnt a good sign.

In 1 hour were all off for a mates 21st in york all day and im pleased i have to dive for shade at every moment

(no im not going to post pics as i dont have time and need to get ready soon)

BEWARE -english sun burns hotter than foreign sun!

Associate
You were shivering because the top layers of your skin where at one temperature - a hotter temperature - than the rest, therefore the body is tricked into thinking it is cold and you start shivering.

Also, the body will be trying to get rid of the excess heat from the skin - this is why when the sun goes down, the heat from the sunburn goes up.

Go and eat something salty if you feel light headed, dizzy or sick. If it goes on for more than 24 hours, go and see a dr.

And wear sun-cream you fool!!! :mad:

Permabanned
geeza said:
In bed i was shivering which probably isnt a good sign.

Be careful, that was the onset of heatstroke.

Can't you lend anybody elses sunlotion? I don't think the british sun is that aggressive IMO, you should sit out in the mexican sun!

You can end up with this coloured face ---> :mad:

Soldato
Wear one of these next time.

burkha5eg.jpg

Permabanned
iCraig said:
Can't you lend anybody elses sunlotion? I don't think the british sun is that aggressive IMO, you should sit out in the mexican sun!

Mexico has a different sun? :p I know what you mean, it might be hotter there but it isn't heat that burns you (or damages your eyes), it's UV rays.

Back
Top Bottom