Anyone familiar with Southend?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Planning a little day trip, just need to know what the name of the train station is that's closet to the sea front and how far away it is from it.

Essex travel information site doesn't seem to work.

Soldato
Goatboy said:
Planning a little day trip, just need to know what the name of the train station is that's closet to the sea front and how far away it is from it.

Essex travel information site doesn't seem to work.

"Southend Victoria" station mate... It's about 10-15 minutes walk from the actual seafront depending on how briskly you walk. You literally walk straight down the high street and you're there.

Have fun! :)

Soldato
Either Southend Victoria or Southend Central, it depends what train line you get on, Southend Central is C2C, which goes from Fenchurch Street (Tower Hill) or Southend Victoria is on One railway I think, which goes from Liverpool Street. C2C is much better.

Associate
Sirrel Squirrel said:
Either Southend Victoria or Southend Central, it depends what train line you get on, Southend Central is C2C, which goes from Fenchurch Street (Tower Hill) or Southend Victoria is on One railway I think, which goes from Liverpool Street. C2C is much better.

What he said :p

5 - 10 min walk from Southend Central to the seafront, add an extra 5 from Southend Victoria.

Soldato
C2C are much better than One, although last time I got a train from London (back from London meet actually) there was a bus instead of part of the line - it may still be that way. Come to think of it though a couple of weeks before that there was a bus replacing part of the One line too. :/

Back
Top Bottom