Has your opinion changed on 10,000 days...

Soldato
We've all had a while to listen to it over and over and I my opinion has stayed virutally static.

I think its a good album, possibly the best of the year - but I also think it is far inferior to previous albums...

Soldato
I haven't listened to it much after the initial listens when it came out really. I think it's good, but not great.

I'm waiting for the new Mastodon and Cursive albums. They'll be the best of 2006 methinks.

Soldato
raz0rr said:
You're not missing out on much.

As for 10,000 Days, I like it, but I can't decide if it's as good as Aenima. Not as good as Lateralus though.
Not missing much? Only one of the best modern metal bands in existence (mastodon that is), I genuinely haven't heard such innovation in metal for a long time. Each to their own though, I just had to post this as I truly believe Mastodon are one of the best bands around at the moment and I can't let someone think they're 'not missing out on much.' As for 10,000 days, my opinion has barely changed - it's a superb album. Totally different to Aenima/Lateralus but I like just as much as both...

Associate
Carzy said:
Wow.

Just wow.

I can understand people not liking Cursive. But Mastodon? And you like Opeth...but not Mastodon. I'm confused.
Opeth have that distinctive style. A style that I've never seen in another band.
Mastodon just seem so generic to me.

Plus, I can't stand the vocalist in Mastodon, while Mikael of Opeth is one of my top 5 vocalists of all time.

Associate
10,000 days is a good album, with the title track being my personal highlight and one of the best Tool songs ever.

However some of the tracks dont have the lasting appeal and the album doesnt quite seem to fit together.

Still gonna be awesome live.

Cursive are "ok" but i havent heard mastoden, must check them out.

Soldato
raz0rr said:
Opeth have that distinctive style. A style that I've never seen in another band.
Mastodon just seem so generic to me.

Plus, I can't stand the vocalist in Mastodon, while Mikael of Opeth is one of my top 5 vocalists of all time.

Even if you can't stand the vocalist (which is understandable), I don't get how you can call them generic. They are one of the most inventive and skilled metal bands around right now. Brann Dailor is one of my favourite drummers ever.

On a sidenote, it's rubbish news that Lopez has left Opeth :(

Soldato
Carzy said:
Even if you can't stand the vocalist (which is understandable), I don't get how you can call them generic. They are one of the most inventive and skilled metal bands around right now. Brann Dailor is one of my favourite drummers ever.

On a sidenote, it's rubbish news that Lopez has left Opeth :(

funniest thing ive ever heard, mastadons best metal band about right now? and the drummer is actually dire....well no i shouldnt say dire he has skill but the recording lets the whole sound down.

there skill is good, but no where near some other bands right now.

Soldato
I still love '10,000 Days' as much as when I first heard it. Every time I hear thunder in films now I think of 'Wings Pt 2' :)

Similarly to McHammer, I still think it's a very different album but I like it just as much as AENima and Lateralus :D

I can't believe I'll be seeing it live in a little over a week!

Soldato
Carzy said:
Thanks for putting words into my mouth.

but a lot of metal bands out there are being much more recognised.

and Chris Adler from LoG (lamb of god) is something. same as the band there becoming huge, there new album sacrament will be one of the best of 2006 me thinks.

Soldato
Neon said:
but a lot of metal bands out there are being much more recognised.

and Chris Adler from LoG (lamb of god) is something. same as the band there becoming huge, there new album sacrament will be one of the best of 2006 me thinks.

Was seeing how long it would take you to mention Lamb of God haha.

Soldato
Am a fan of three songs on it. Vicarious, Jambi and The pot - occasionally in the mood for 10,000 days but not often. I do like it, but I don't love it, so yes you could say my opinion has changed; after first listen I thought it was amazing, but now I find myself skipping most of it.

Still, the three tracks I do like, I absolutly love so I guess it balances out. It could have been so much more, but nevermind, maybe next time. Still, seeing them live next week will hopefully make up for it :D

Back
Top Bottom