Far Cry - I can't get HDR working

Associate
I reinstalled far cry again and patched to 1.33 and now I can't get hdr to work. I tried the "\r_hdrrendering 7" command in the console but it is not working. Do I have to modify my shortcut or any other files.

Soldato
I've tried to get HDR working as well, i cant do it.

What steps did you take? I just typed that command in the console and patched to 1.33.

Do you have to disable AA or something?

Soldato
Bah, it just gets to loading screen and stays there :( takes forever to load up when i set all details to max,

Diddnt used to do this when i first built the pc. Maybe something to do with my cpu slightly overclocked?

Soldato

Cant be AA on there??

Also, i keep gettin this bug with farcry, about 10mins into it, my weapons dont show up, i can swap between all of them and they dont appear?

Also the enemies arn't moving? Anyone know why

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have installed the 64bit for 32bit content - will I be able to install the 1.4 patch over this. (hdr was not working pre and post 64bit install)

Surely I should be geting HDR with the 1.33 patch and as far as I know the 1.4 patch just adds AA. I used to have HDR working with my old 7800GTX.

Associate
OP
Installed 1.4 patch and hdr and aa are working. Running 1600x1200 2xAA 16xAF HDR with 64bit upgrade - no problems other than my weapons do not use any ammo. It's as if there is a cheat enabled. Anybody have any ideas on how to sort this out as ammo management is crucial to gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom