OCUK Rolling Road Meet 4 - Bolt on Goodies - Convoy Discussion

Soldato
To try and organise this in a proper manner, can people proposing convoys do it all in here, with your predicted arrival time also noted for each convoy (if you are running, Ideally I need you at powerstation NO LATER than 9am, otherwise it causes problems with the running order)

I'll make a list of all the convoys in this post when people propose them, but im aware of a few already.. just get them posted in here so people can easily ask to be added to the list for that convoy.

If you propose a convoy, please can you act as the POC for that convoy, that way I can call 1 person and find out who did/didnt turn up

Cheers

Caporegime
Might as well post in here and try and sort out a North-West convoy (can meet up with other convoys on the way if people want to tag along).

North-West Convoy Details:

Same as last year, people using the M6 from Crewe northwards, if you want to convoy, please meet up at the services just off J16 of the M6.

The journey (done at legal speeds) should take around an 1hr 25mins, as such, to reach powerstation by 8:45, we really need to set off at 7:15 at the latest, so please try to arrive early. So to recap:

Northwest Convoy:
When: Saturday, July 1st, at 7am
Where: Barthomley Services, Crewe (J16 of the M6), CW2 5PS

Please try to park up near the petrol station, there is plenty of room, so this shouldn't be a problem.

services.jpg

Postcode of the services again for those who want it and missed it, is CW2 5PS.

CLICK HERE FOR THE ROUTE WE SHALL BE TAKING!

CLICK HERE FOR THE ROUTE WE TAKE TO THE PUB!

If you would like to join this convoy, can you please just reply with:

NW Convoy, <name>

Thanks.

Contact Details:

You can contact me either via email (best to send to [email protected]), or via MSN messenger (Add me to MSN)

If you don't have my mobile number and think you may need it, contact me via one of the above and I will give it you.

Convoy List:

BOLD names are now confirmed (either via MSN or Email):

Firestar - MK2 MX5
Berger- Rover 220GSi
Gibbo - Saleen Mustang '666'
GT3 - MK2 Saxo VTR
Goliath - Focus RS
RiPz - convoying with rG-Tom
rG-Tom - Mondeo MK2
thedazman - Toyota Paseo

Joining the convoy later:

Hilly - Joining at Cannock Services, just after J11 M6 - Focus ST
Tinkerbell - Joining at J3 of the M5. - POS 1.2
L0rdMike - Joining at J3 of the M5. - MK2 MR2 Turbo
Merlin - Joining at J3 of the M5. - Integra Type R DC5
Simon - Joining at J3 of the M5. - Unknown at present ;)
Saitrix - Joining at J5 of M5. - Focus 1.6

Dropouts: - dropping out is seriously lame btw! ;)

thebrasso - working or something
JediFragger - "working"

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
HI there

NW Convoy, GIBBO - Saleen Mustang GT :D

Shall try to make sure I've got a Full Tank of fuel as then if I keep her in top gear and stick to 70-80mph should get their without needing a fill up. ;)

Will aim to get at the services for 7am. :)

Soldato
Mobile number avaliable closer to the time. Add me to MSN - [email protected]

Southampton Convoy

Time: 6:30 am on the dot
Post code: SO16 7LQ
People meeting:

F355
Emma

Chieveley Convoy

Time: 7:30 - 7:45 am
Post code: RG18 9XX
People meeting:

F355
Emma
Freefaller
NickXX
Sam
Will Gill

General Map for rough idea of route:
ocuk_rr_4.jpg

Chievely is # 18

Last edited:
Man of Honour
NickXX said:
Anyone up for a Southern Convoy? I'm starting from NW London.

I would, but I tend to like to keep around 65mph as it keeps me just off boost and thus doesn't use up 1mpg of fuel :p Not sure if that'll wind people up or not. I'll be coming from SE London, but can get to the M4 fairly easily. But I wonder if it would be quicker going up the M40 and then shooting along the A40 instead?

Soldato
Freefaller said:
I would, but I tend to like to keep around 65mph as it keeps me just off boost and thus doesn't use up 1mpg of fuel :p Not sure if that'll wind people up or not. I'll be coming from SE London, but can get to the M4 fairly easily. But I wonder if it would be quicker going up the M40 and then shooting along the A40 instead?

If you (or anyone else) want to meet up at Chievely services on the M4 then the Soton convoy will be going past. We will be taking it easy on the way due to mike's thirsty car and his MPG obsession :D

Soldato
Freefaller said:

I'm happy with that! 50mpg 4tw :p. Where abouts are you starting from? Either is good for me.

Soldato
Righty-o dudes.

Ian & Mike(s), will you be passing Bristol?

Last year we (me, Willd58 and nicrob) were supposed to meet others at Michaelwood but a row of lorries and ultimately bad lane planning meant we could not exit the motorway safely.

So, this year I propose somewhere else to meet. Michaelwood is too near to Powerstation anyway.

Let me know which routes are passing near Bristol. I don't know which other Bristolians will be coming. At a guess, Eidolon, Drexy, Willd & Acidhell?

Man of Honour
F355 said:
If you (or anyone else) want to meet up at Chievely services on the M4 then the Soton convoy will be going past. We will be taking it easy on the way due to mike's thirsty car and his MPG obsession :D

That might be an idea - however I think mileage wise it's a lot quicker going M40-A40-M5-Tewksbury?

Thoughts from the Southern front?

Soldato
Tesla said:
Righty-o dudes.

Ian & Mike(s), will you be passing Bristol?

I'm afraid not.

Freefaller said:
That might be an idea - however I think mileage wise it's a lot quicker going M40-A40-M5-Tewksbury?

Thoughts from the Southern front?

Chances are we will be meeting others at Chievely (Sam, Sam, Westy...etc.?). Its up to you but you are welcome to meet us there.

Back
Top Bottom