World Cup Logo?

Soldato
Does anyone know the Copyright restrictions on the World Cup Logo?

I need to add something on a website advertising the showing of the games at a local clubhouse.

Anyone got an ideas?

Soldato
The logo is copyrighted, but surely using it in the way you would like to constitutes fair use? FIFA (Who own the copyright) have this to say on their website:

FIFA said:
Where can I apply to use the Official Marks such as the Official Event Emblems?
Please note that media may only use the Official Marks for the purposes of illustrating non-commercial, editorial news articles on the respective FIFA Event and may not use the Official Marks in any manner which may create an association between the media organisation and the Official Marks or any FIFA Event, or between any third party and the Official Marks or any FIFA Event.
I'd say you're fine. As long as you don't start selling unofficial merchandise with the branding I doubt you'll arouse any suspicion. There must be millions of websites out there at the moment using the logo :)

Soldato
OP
Well I think we need a lawyer to understand that paragraph from Fifa.

I'm sure you’re right, I can't see them being against promoting people watching the World Cup!

Permabanned
Depends on how the logo is used. If it's modified or stuck on a negative article about the World Cup, you can run into problems.

But if it's a positive aspect like you say, I very much doubt you'll have any issues. Perhaps put a small line of text somewhere crediting FIFA?

Permabanned
use it if you think there's no problem, FIFA will email you in no time to tell you to stop using it if they think you are ******* on their parade.

Back
Top Bottom