• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PCI-E 6-pin power cord question!

Soldato
I'm having some PSU problems and was wondering, is it possible to damage the graphics card if the 6-pin PCI-E connector was attached to the card, but no power was being supplied through it?

(The card in question is a radeon x1900xt)

Soldato
OP
The thing that worries me is that I saw blue spark/flame like things coming out from underneath the red heatsink strip (near the back end of the card). :eek:

The GPU fan was still running, but obviously I turned the computer off as soon as I saw this.

Suspended
You could fit PCI-E into the HD/optical drive outputs, and vice versa with the Enermax Liberty range of PSU's, the connectors are colour coded.

Soldato
OP
BTW, do you think the Enermax Liberty 400W could run this system?:

Athlon64 3500+ ([email protected])
2x512mb DDR400 RAM
Asus A8N-E Mobo
Radeon X1900XT 512mb
Creative Soundcard
2x120gb hard disks in raid-0
1x250gb hard disk
1xDVD-RW
2x120mm fans,2x80cm fans

The 400W Enermax Liberty does seem to have some hefty 12v rails.

Associate
IMO opinion you cant go wrong with Tagan PSU range. Yes, they might be a little pricey for what they are, but they are the most solid PSU's you can get and wont ever let you down

Back
Top Bottom