Race For Life 2006 - Manchester, Day 1.

Soldato
Down at Heaton Park yesterday there was the annual 'Cancer Research UK Race For Life' and I went down with a friend to get some shots of the day. There's also another two races today for it, but i wasn't able to go to the race today. Well, here's a few of my favourite shots from the day...

2.jpg

7.jpg

11.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
themask70 said:
Great set. How do you get the people to pose for you like that??? I tried in france but no one was ever interested, never really tried it in england.
They usually ask me to take a picture of them :o

I was a bit cheeky and went forwards towards where the press would be, in front of the barriers etc.. So they just assumed i was the photographer i guess :D

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

A random name said:
I was a bit cheeky and went forwards towards where the press would be, in front of the barriers etc.. So they just assumed i was the photographer i guess :D

Good move, sometimes owning such large and grand bits of equipment can get people confused in a good way :)

...Lovely series by the way, nice blown out background and good use of DOF.

Associate
Name that Bokeh.

20.jpg

^^I guess 50mm

24.jpg

^^I guess 70-200L

The rendering of the bokeh seems a lot better in the second - the first is kind of distracting.

Am I right?

Associate
Good set but:

May just be me but all seem oversharpened in post processing and about a 1/3 - 1/2 stop overexposed? Highlights are blown in many of the shots.

On such a bright day you may have been better underexposing slightly and bringing out the highlights in ps

Back
Top Bottom