Sugar Loaf

Associate
Went for a wander up the sugar loaf (S. Wales). Was a nice little test for my new 85mm F/1.8 - which I had some fun with. Here's some shots :

#1 The hill
14gv1.jpg

#2 A couple
21in1.jpg

#3 Rocks and hills and... Stuff
31zr.jpg

#4 Doggie at the trig point :D
46bu.jpg

#5 A local
55ws.jpg

Associate
OP
#11 Same shot, photomatix this time though - which do you prefer?
114no.jpg

#12 Aand one last HDR lanscape.
120vv.jpg

C&C appreciated :D

I have a 360 panorma from the top, too - but not sure how to make the TIFF into a QT viewer..

I love them all except the last one. Also, the HDR version over the original is the better one if the clouds could be sorted (too much of that fake HDR effect I feel)

Some of the normal high contrast landscapes are just stunning mate. Your work just never stops to satisfy!

I will call my favourite of the batch as

*8!

Grrrreat work :D

Associate
A great set of shots hooodi, not that I'd expect anything less! ;)

I quite like the HDR sky of No. 11 but I think the foreground looks a tad 'plasticy'. IMHO it looks better in no. 10. Quite a difference isn't there? I just love your IR landscapes :)

Associate
OP
Cheers chaps :)

Aye, biiig differences between what Photomatix produces, and what CS2 produces. I prefer the more natural look of CS2, but I'm not so hot on the way it kind of makes the foreground look overcast :\

IR landscapes are great fun on sunny & cloudy days - the skies can be pretty cool, but what's best is that you get lots of contrast on the ground between the light & shadow :D

Back
Top Bottom