PSP: Firmware 2.71 OUT NOW!

Soldato
updates

download now

You can now download demos such as loco roco and save them to your memory stick. Other updates include improvements made to the location free player.

Hope this isn't a repost. I did a search but it didn't throw anything up.

Just a heads up.

I'm going to have to wait for my battery to charge up fully before I install the update so I haven't tested the new firmware myself.

Enjoy!

Whappers

Soldato
Nah not a repost, but it came out a few days ago
In order to get the Downloadable demos you need to log onto the JAP PSP site as they havent got any on the UK yet.
if you have a JAP PSP the firmware also has some porable TV update, which is only of any use if u live in Japan lol

Soldato
OP
XPE said:
any one got a list of updates ?

quoted from another website.

“Using the PSP system's Internet Browser feature, game demos can now be downloaded and saved on Memory Stick media,” reads Sony’s web site. Users can grab a trial version of LocoRoco, a cuddly puzzle game starring hungry, aqueous blobs, who consume surrounding nutrients at an alarmingly fast rate. Its up to the player to tilt the screen, sending these famished creatures in the direction of food and preventing them from colliding with enemies.

The 2.71 update also fixes a small problem with movie playback. All videos will now be displayed correctly when an external tuner is selected with the Location Free player, according to Sony’s firmware notes.

Soldato
OP
I don't know if it's just me.

But the PSP browsing seems to be much faster than previous. especially on yourpsp.com. I'm not sure whether or not it is because NTL have just upgraded my package from 2MB to 4MB because I don't think they have yet...

But my web browsing never used to be this fast :)

I just downloaded, installed and played Loco Roco from here http://www.yourpsp.co.uk/psp/psp.html#sort=_dateHash&section=homepage&locale=en_gb and it is awesome. It's just as good as all the reviews I had seen of it say.

Last edited:
Associate
Whappers said:
quoted from another website.

“Using the PSP system's Internet Browser feature, game demos can now be downloaded and saved on Memory Stick media,” reads Sony’s web site. Users can grab a trial version of LocoRoco, a cuddly puzzle game starring hungry, aqueous blobs, who consume surrounding nutrients at an alarmingly fast rate. Its up to the player to tilt the screen, sending these famished creatures in the direction of food and preventing them from colliding with enemies.

The 2.71 update also fixes a small problem with movie playback. All videos will now be displayed correctly when an external tuner is selected with the Location Free player, according to Sony’s firmware notes.

PSP has a tilt sensor? Or do you tilt an ingame screen or something? :confused:

Soldato
OP
You press "R" to tilt the screen to the right and press "L" to tilt the screen to the left. You press both at the same time to jump. It's a really addictive game like you say. I even got my parents playing it and even my dad was impressed :p

The only thing is that whenever you try and exit the game it appears to crash. The only way to get back to normality is by taking the battery out. Im guessing it's just because that it's a game that is being started from a memory stick and it's never happened before so perhaps they're having a few teething problems. Did your demo crash for you guys as well? It's happened to me about 4 times out of 4 tries. :(

Whappers

Soldato
just downloaded it all and going to have a go at that game, i was thinking when i got my PSP a month or two ago that it was a bit poo that they wern't any playable demos, but now this is out :D

still, people with 1.5 arent going to upgrade are they lol

Caporegime
Hmmm should really get around to updating my psp as well, mind you havent played it much since i got my 360. Although i picked up lumines the other day for about £15 and played it a few times but since then ive hardly picked it up. Although on my daily travel to and from the docklands i do see a lot of psps being played with, much more than the DS.

Back
Top Bottom