What Camera for around £200- £250 ?

Soldato
Just after someone to point me in the right direction really. I dont mind buying second hand if it means I can get a far better product.

Finnally upgrading my 3.2 megagpixel Samsung that has served me for so long. just getting sick of the limited zoom and how susceptible it is to camera shake

I know everyone raves about the 350D but im guessing even second hand these are out of my price range.

there is a shop near me that is doing a panasonic FZ7 with case, 512card for £199 looks like quite a nice camera.

anyone have any suggestions, i just dont want to buy a turkey

Soldato
Yeah the FZ7 is meant to be very good for the money. Also check out the Sony DSC-H1, should be available for that sort of cash if you shop around.

www.dpreview.com have a good set fo reviews and a very useful forum.

EDIT: In fact, have just seen the new Sony H2 model for only £210 plus delivery, which is unbelievably cheap. www.froogle.co.uk will help you.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks, anything you would reccomend on the noise reduction side of things.

They did mention that inthe review of the camera off the link posted by King4Aday, it mentioned that anything shot above ISO 100 gets pretty noisey. this means absolutly nothing to me. The ISO thing I mean. in real world terms, when would I need to shoot something in higher then 100 ISO ?

Associate
kidloco said:
Thanks, anything you would reccomend on the noise reduction side of things.

They did mention that inthe review of the camera off the link posted by King4Aday, it mentioned that anything shot above ISO 100 gets pretty noisey. this means absolutly nothing to me. The ISO thing I mean. in real world terms, when would I need to shoot something in higher then 100 ISO ?

In darker conditions, when you don't want to use flash

Back
Top Bottom