Thinking of a LG KG800 Chocolate

Soldato
Hiya, my W550i has broke!! and really im looking for something different. The LG KG800 has caught my eye so anyone with one just a few questions please!

Does it come with the USB cable? (02 contract)
How loud is the loudspeaker in comparison to other phones or the W550i?
Any problems that I should look out for?
Or any other phones that are availiable on 02 that are worth looking at?

Thanks,
Mark

Permabanned
I looked at the LG and I kinda liked it, thought it a tad girly though.
O2 do the E900 as well. In the end I went for that (better camera, bit less girly etc). Too early to say if it's a great phone or not though.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I understand what you mean. E900 has expandable mem and 2mp camera.. But its nothing different from the rest really. Whereas the LG seems to be a lot more stylish and different, probably something im looking for.

Permabanned
MarkLP said:
Yeah I understand what you mean. E900 has expandable mem and 2mp camera.. But its nothing different from the rest really. Whereas the LG seems to be a lot more stylish and different, probably something im looking for.

Gald to try and help :) We all have different tastes and requirements, I'd never heard of the E900 until friday :)

Associate
I went for the more girly option ;) (honestly its really not girly :( ) had the LG for about a week now it was a replacement for a n70(dont get me started on that POS tho). The Lg comes with a Usb cable yes it does also have a set of headphones, a disc which ive not even looked at and a really girly handbag type of case believe me you wont be taking it out in that.

First impressions are it does'nt do loudspeaker on calls that i know of but i may have misses it some place, the ring tones i would say are slightly quieter than the n70 but not massively, also the menus seem to be extremly fast(but i have come from a n70 so maybe part of the reason for that). All round its a good phone i think the reason ive had this one is because it was different in looks and a lot less brick like than my n70.

Last edited:

amx

amx

Associate
As NuclearBaggin's said, the KG800 doesn't have a loudspeaker function but it does come with a decent handsfree kit if that's of any use to you.

Permabanned
Nuclearbaggins said:
I went for the more girly option ;) (honestly its really not girly :( ) had the LG for about a week now
The Lg comes a really girly handbag type of case believe me you wont be taking it out in that.
All round its a good phone i think the reason ive had this one is because it was different in looks and a lot less brick like than my n70.

Yup my wife is interested in this as a change from her pink V3. Girly phone TBH :p

Pug

Pug

Soldato
got it as a second phone to my w900, and to be honest, i'm using it more.

Its smaller, lighter, a LOT more sleek, and pretty much does everything my w900 did (just not as well).

On the whole very pleased with it - got it on a great deal which will end up costing me £150 for the year of owning it and 200mins/100texts free.

Soldato
I've had one for a while now (was the 1st customer in the store to get one as well!)

It's a pretty good phone although txting is slow (non predictive) and I can't get the USB cable/software to work.
Loudsepaker would be nice but overall it's a good handset.

Associate
Charlie Bravo said:
I've had one for a while now (was the 1st customer in the store to get one as well!)

It's a pretty good phone although txting is slow (non predictive) and I can't get the USB cable/software to work.
Loudsepaker would be nice but overall it's a good handset.

My g/f LG would'nt d/l any of the extras on the mini CD she did this: goto Connectivity/Modem/Yes on mobile - then plug the usb in.

Back
Top Bottom