Help regarding XP oem

Soldato
hey guys, just a question about buying OEM version of XP, firstly can i buy it on its own from OcUK, or do i need to buy some hardware with it, and secondly, can i format my computer as many times as i like and not have to buy a new copy? unless i buy some new hardware? and is that one license tied to that one computer for its life time, so say when i move harddrive into a new build will it still work, or will i have to buy a new license.

Soldato
I think all this has been put into a sticky or it may be still lurking around here. Its by Knowelsy [sp?] I believe.

However, as far as I know you dont need to buy it with any hardware. You can format as many times as your little heart desires, however after a few times online activation wont work. A quick FREE 5 minute phonecall however sees you right.

The OEM license is generally regarded to stick with the motherboard. So you can change pretty much most hardware in your PC without issue - however you may need to activate Windows again if you change it x number of times. If you change the motherboard for any other reason than a repair/replacement then you would technically have to get a new license. However XP would continue to run, albeit in contravention of the license.

SiriusB

Back
Top Bottom