Forza XBOX 360 A GT Beater?

Associate
Sound really good cant wait

Microsoft's Forza Motorsport 2 development team is gearing up for the game's Christmas release on Xbox 360 - and the game's website reveals that much of what we saw at E3, contrary to public perception, was in fact using in-game assets.

Speaking in a community update, MGS' John Wendl says the E3 trailer used "actual 'in-game' assets and combined them with visual effects, such as motion blur, global illumination and high dynamic range lighting, that are either already working in the build or are very close to completion."

"We're really taking full advantage of the immense graphics horsepower of the Xbox 360 to do some incredible things visually. Of course we're 60fps at 720p, as you mention, but we're also adding effects and features such as 4X anti-aliasing (no jaggies!), motion blur, high dynamic range lighting, global illumination and per-pixel car reflections updated at full frame rate," he added.
The game's community website has seen quite a few updates in recent weeks, from which we've also learned that the game will include 60 tracks across 18 environments and 13 real-world licensed circuits, with 300 cars from more than 50 manufacturers including all the big ones (Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, etc.).

Plus, of course, there'll be more customisation options than ever before - and support for the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel

Soldato
Yewen said:
Having not played the original, was Forza better than PGR2?

yep, it's not an arcade racer like pgr though more sim like

i still play forza on the 360 :D

forza 2 coming out on the 360 was a major reason i bought the console

Associate
Yewen said:
Having not played the original, was Forza better than PGR2?
I prefer PGR but Forza was very good. Main problem I had with it was online where it was very easy to get bumped right off the track. At least in Gotham you hit a barrier straight away.

Soldato
hmmm i might pick up forza if its cheap, never played it, if its along the lines of GT then it sounds good, the trailer didnt convince me as i didnt see any REAL ingame footage, they can say its using the engine and all that but until i see it running with the HUD and all sorts im not happy

Soldato
Indeed looking good :)

Official site i think that Che working for them now who used to work for 1up.com but left to do a project with Microsoft. :)

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/

Some features

*Experience uncompromising physics: Top automotive engineers, professional race car drivers, and experienced programmers teamed up to create the most complete racing simulator experience available. Cars incur dramatic damage and wear, which affects car performance. Advanced tire and suspension models respond to heat and pressure changes as well as weight transfer and aerodynamic load.

* Race real-world tracks: From the all-new world famous Nurburgring F1 and Sebring tracks to the spectator-lined streets of Rio de Janeiro, race on meticulously designed tracks with an incredible sense of speed and realism. Forza Motorsport 2 features over 60 tracks carved out of 18 environments, including 13 real-world licensed circuits such as Road America, Silverstone, Tsukuba, and Laguna Seca. Four new real-world licensed circuits further expand the world of Forza Motorsport 2.

* Build your garage: Collect, upgrade, and tune hundreds of cars. From sport compacts to purpose-built race cars, collect more than 300 cars from over 50 of the world’s leading manufacturers including Ferrari, Porsche, Nissan, VW, GM, and Lamborghini. Take your car to the garage and install alternative engines, suspension kits, bolt-on superchargers, brakes, rims, racing slicks, and more. Dial in advanced suspension settings, tire pressure, and gear ratios. Forza Motorsport 2 allows you to own the cars that will own the competition.

* Pimp your ride: Create and share your masterpiece with the world. Express your inner artist in the paint and upgrade shops with near endless visual personalization. Customize the shape of your car by combining different licensed rims, performance parts, and aftermarket body kits. Create your own unique paint scheme using millions of paint and decal options. Take in-game pictures of your creation in the Forza Motorsport 2 photo mode.

* Compete online: Take your personalized car onto Xbox Live® for some intense online wheel-to-wheel racing. Earn in-game credits and even complete single player career objectives while racing over Xbox Live. Watch the best racers from around the world complete on Forza Motorsport 2 TV.

Soldato
Pfft, the original Forza was better than the Gran Turismos anyway. :p

I never really got into the GT series, but Forza on the Xbox had me hooked from almost the first minute I played it. Great game, loads of fun, and the sequel should be excellent. :)

The only noticable thing I hope they improve in Forza 2 is the sense of speed. I think it was because it ran at 30 fps, but it never quite felt like you were going as fast as your speedo said you were in the original.

Soldato
Is original forza on the compatible list? skip that someone already said they are using a 360 to play it lol

Might go look for it over the weekend, one thing I hate abotu the 360 is the £50 price on every game (or nearly every game)

dont get me wrong Sony will probably charge just as much - I just think its getting excessive

Permabanned
Baine said:
"We're really taking full advantage of the immense graphics horsepower of the Xbox 360 to do some incredible things visually. Of course we're 60fps at 720p, as you mention, but we're also adding effects and features such as 4X anti-aliasing (no jaggies!), motion blur, high dynamic range lighting, global illumination and per-pixel car reflections updated at full frame rate,"

icon14.gif
:D

Sounds good, it might be the game to make me buy a 360 :)

Soldato
My most expensive game so far is £30.

If your not really picky on what you buy and when you buy it you can get some great baragains. :)

Soldato
To anyone with a 360 and the original Forza - Has the performance been improved at all recently? I only fired the game up once and was so appauled at the frame rate on the 360 I haven't brought myself to try it again.

(Though I must admit I'm just being picky wanting to play it in HD resolution as I still have my original Xbox to play it on!)

Associate
I think the dash view looks cool in PGR3 but don't find it very practical. I think its cause I'm using a 19" screen. I imagine they will include a similar view in the new Forza though, they are bound to steal ideas from gotham.

Associate
OP
Goatboy said:
Hasn't every driving game of the past few years been labelled as a Gran Turismo killer?

Maybe but most shouldnt be

Take PGR3 for example a great game better then GT but not the same type of game so should be labelled as the GT beater

However Forzer is different it IS ment to be the 360s GT series so the labeling is valid

Back
Top Bottom