Akasa screws don't fit their fans?

Associate
Just bought 2 120mm akasa fans for my new system... but I'm having trouble putting the screws provided with the fans into the fans... basically they are too wide! Unfortunately standard screws don't hold it at all! any ideas with what to do? :confused:

Soldato
Screw them in harder, they should bite in to the plastic....mine were very hard to screw in but got there in the end :)

Associate
The screws are tight because they are self tapping, meaning that they make their own hole (in a way, very generalised there).

Don't worry its meant to be like that, just screw harder.

Soldato
Before I put my akasa 120mm ambers in my P180, I put the screws in before mounting the fans in the case, that way I could thread them into the fan whilst holding them in my hand, rather than messing about in the case.

Associate
utajoker said:
yeah they are realy hard to do, i didnt bother an jus bluetacked em in :p

That is genius, it should help dampen any vibrations from the fans too :)
I was looking at getting some of the rubber fan mounts, but the postage almost triples the cost, lol. BluTak it is :D

Soldato
I wouldnt recommend blue tacking any fans, fans vibrant, and vibration means they will in time come unstuck, risky if you have expensive parts by or around the fans.

Soldato
The $6m Dan said:
That is genius, it should help dampen any vibrations from the fans too :)
I was looking at getting some of the rubber fan mounts, but the postage almost triples the cost, lol. BluTak it is :D
Haha, I didn't really think anyone wouldn't think of this. I did it when I ran out of fan screws and it worked fine, didn't really notice any dampening though... possibly because I didn't try the fans without the blu-tak. :o

Associate
I found that...

A little tip for fitting them:

Use the screws provided and prescrew them into the holes in your hand before placing the fan into the case. Screw them in a few turns then turn them the other way to clean the plastic out then go back in for a few more turns then repeat until their nearly all the way in. This makes it loads easier once you go to fit into your case. Worth the extra effort as its a lot harder the other way.

=)

Back
Top Bottom