Advice and suggestions redecorating my bedroom

Soldato
So I’ve been busy redecorating my room over the past few months. Ripped everything out, had the walls plastered, rewired everything, new fitted wardrobes and drawers, floor etc... the lot. So now I’ve got my shinny new white walls, I’m not totally sure what colour I should paint them.
So do any of the Laurence Llewellyn Bowens out there have any ideas?
I've had a look at a few colours I was thinking something like this colour selection. Any suggestions?

Below are some pictures I have just snapped to give you an idea.

Soldato
OP
Raymond Lin said:
Last time you told me about this was Last August !
Yeah but to be honest, I didn't actually start ripping stuff out properly untill Jan, I was just thinking about it in Aug. I haven't slept in my room for months now though, the floor is starting to annoy me.

Permabanned
White on the walls is nice, creme is also nice i think.
You can get a nice fireplace, chicks (and gays - apparently) dig it, oh yeah get a nice king size bed and mirrors above it - unless you're ugly.

Soldato
OP
ballistic said:
White on the walls is nice, creme is also nice i think.
You can get a nice fireplace, chicks (and gays - apparently) dig it, oh yeah get a nice king size bed and mirrors above it - unless you're ugly.
It may not look like it in the pictures, but the room is tiny, seriously. A kingsize bed would probably block the door closed :D

I'm just about getting away with a single bed and small computer desk.

Soldato
B&Q's own range - pale stone

It's a lovely colour ! .... we've painted the spare bedroom and also downstairs with it .. it's an off white but it has a lovely tone and doesn't look like a magnolia. I also painted all of PiggyPad with it

With the room being so small you NEED a light colour or else it will end up looking and feeling very dark...

Pics :

Picture035.jpg

DSC013571.jpg

DSC010161.jpg

Soldato
OP
slothmeister said:
stupid question, but wouldn't it have been easier to paint all the walls before having the new fittings put in place and the wardrobes?
Possibly a little easier, but i only need to take one door off which requires about 12 screws. All the light fittings and sockets are in place but loosely hanging meaning you can just paint behind them :). It's taken long enough to get here so i'm not waiting around for anything!

Cheers Sinead, i was inspired by the work on your pad and finally started work myself. That colour looks just what i want, I definately need a light colour to reflect all the light but i wasn't a fan of white needed some sort of tone to it, i'll get something like that today hopfully have it painted tomorrow i'll update if i get the chance.

Soldato
OP
Piggymon said:
It's not too expensive either ;)
Thats my main concern at the minute :D The white paint i used as a base was left over stuff in the garage that i watered down so it just about covered everything apart from one of the walls, which you can see in the picture :o. THats hidden when the door opens though :p

Soldato
OP
So i made a trip to B&Q today to get my paint and take some flooring back for refund. I managed to make £15 profit on my floor refund. But I couldn't decide which colour to get so i grabbed a few tester pots and here is the result on the walls. I think i know what i want, but i thought I'd throw a vote anyway. I took a few pictures in different lights so you can get the idea of the colours compared to the white it's covering (the last picture is probably the best portrayal of the colours to me). Sinead i did think i'd picked up a tester of the pale stone but when i checked them as i was putting them on the wall, it appears some scrote had muddled all the testers up!

Voila:

Soldato
OP
Piggymon said:
Go back and get the pale stone !!!111111 :p

Out of those lot I'd say the middle but Pale Stone would be faaaaar superior ;)

oh and you reckon that's a patchwork quilt .. check this badboy out !

:eek:

Haha! Did you have to pay for those testers though!? I was quite annoyed, 98p per tester what are they playing at!? :mad:

If you're very sure about the pale stone then I might just pick up the pale stone tomorrow, I wish i'd got a tester though, I was annoyed when i realised it was yellowish instead of pale stone!

Back
Top Bottom