• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Suggest a good card for video editing and graphics work

Associate
Hi,

As title really. Im going to be building a high end pc for a friend that will be mainly using it for video editing and graphics work. Can anyone please suggest a good gfx card for these uses. I will be allocating £150-£200 on the card.

Cheers :)

Associate
OP
Jimbo Mahoney said:
That's all 2D stuff, right? No CAD?

In which case, as long as it can drive the monitor at the desired resolution and refresh, get anything.

As far as i know there is no 3d stuff involved. If he decided to get into 3D could you suggest a graphics card that would be suitable?

Cheers

Associate
OP
Sir Random said:
A fast cpu and lots of ram are what's most important. Dual core should be an advantage when running multiple apps/windows.

Brilliant stuff people, thanks for the info, that means I can save a bit of money on the GFX for the setup. :)

Back
Top Bottom