Getting baked on mud off an alloy wheel

Soldato
I've got some black stuff thats baked onto my alloy wheel possibly mud, which I can't get off by just scrubbing it, I can however pick it off with my finger nail but it'd probably take me a day to do a whole spoke at that rate, I was just wondering if there are any tools that I could use, which wouldn't scratch the wheel itself, any ideas?

Soldato
OP
MuvverRussia said:
probably brake dust. Go to halfords etc and pick up some alloy wheel cleaner and use that. Should shift it.

I got some turtle wax foam that you spray on, which is then meant to eat away whatever this stuff is but it didn't really work even after scrubbing, only a few tiny bits came off. I think I need something like a paint scrapper but I'm worried that'll take the finish off the wheels if I use that.

Soldato
Get the Wonder Wheels alloy cleaner, I had baked on brake dust/dirt etc. from when the previous owner hadn't cleaned them before storing in his garage, seriously this stuff is amazing, brought em up like new!

Soldato
Sirrel Squirrel said:
I've got some black stuff thats baked onto my alloy wheel possibly mud, which I can't get off by just scrubbing it, I can however pick it off with my finger nail but it'd probably take me a day to do a whole spoke at that rate, I was just wondering if there are any tools that I could use, which wouldn't scratch the wheel itself, any ideas?

Black? Sounds like tar. Tar & Glue remover :)

Soldato
They do indeed, 7.99 or something. Smells rank though..like a high school chemistry lab, but takes the dirt off instantly, was pleasantly surprised :)

Back
Top Bottom