Abit AT8-32X ATI RD580

Soldato
There doesnt seem to be any interest in this board so I thought I would create a link to note anything I find when I recieve it tomorrow (hopefully)

Soldato
2 new BIOS' on the Abit ftp.
Haven't tried 1.2 yet myself but 1 guy says that he lost 11HTT on his overclock with it.

Soldato
OP
thank you for letting me know , while I am settling the board down I will just go with whatever it ships with I think ( unless its utterly shocking of course lol)

Soldato
OP
Installed it yesterday and everything is going well so far

The only annoying thing is that I have one rogue unknown entry in my Device Manager and the driver isnt found on the CD (no additional cards apart from X1900X installed) and the only clue is that the device is on the PCI bus

Also the fan on my X1900 seems to be a lot louder, and I do mean a lot louder- but that could be due to my going from Cat 6.3 to Cat 6.5 (even though I never changed the default fan settings on the 6.3s either)

Soldato
OP
Coolasmoo said:
That would be the Uguru Micro Processor

You need to install Uguru software available online or on the CD
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you - thats more than likely it - I didnt want to load up on gunk until I had the basics sorted but that does make sense

Will try this as soon as I get home, thanks a lot

Soldato
OP
Thank you that worked a treat - however I dont trust any windows clocking utilities so will go through the BIOS as normal - really hoping to get my Opty 170 a little higher than the 2.75GHz in my sig

Soldato
OP
Hate the way this board's oveclocking is set out differently

most A64 boards have a *5 multi which you slowly reduce while keeping the *2 static (or I did at least on DFI Ultra D) however this has a standard *10 multi which makes thigs more complicated imo

Back
Top Bottom