Does this picture look genuine?

Soldato
Would it settle your mind if the name wasn't in the picture? :p

Go by the feedback. If he has a good amount, than most likley be fine.

High JPG compression by the looks of it. With than said, the name looks like it has been saved multiple times, as though he has taken a picture of it, and saved it as a JPG, and then imported it into the picture and saved again. < not well said. :(

Associate
The note does look photoshopped, you can see the edge where its perfectly anti aliased. Id steer clear, if they have to pshop a note on with their name its most likely that they dont have the actual item.

Soldato
It looks real to me. Find a piece of paper roughly the same size as the one in his picture, and try holding it up. In order to keep it rigid, you need to put your thumb in the middle with your fingers spread out evenly underneath, whilst applying a small amount of pressure with your thumb. This keeps the paper rigid, but also creates a slight curve in the paper, so it'll look concaved - just like the paper in the photo. It also looks like the camera had a flash on, and as the paper is much closer than the graphics card, it's reflecting a lot more light. Also, polystyrene does not reflect as much light as paper, as it's a more matt surface.

So yeah, looks very much genuine to me.

-RaZ

Soldato
I'd say it's dodgy. The note has definitely been photographed with a flash whereas the card looks like it wasn't - The fan ducting is casting a shadow on the board near where the fans power wire is. To me it looks as if the card is lit from directly above it. Also the heatsink is too dark on the nearest side, again suggesting there was no flash when the card was photographed.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
fake.jpg

Back
Top Bottom