Just bought some BOSE 301 MKII Speakers? have some questions

Soldato
just bought some of these speaker off **** in white :D im gonna be using my new Bose 301 MKII music monitor speakers to well... listen to music in stereo mode on my Kenwood KRF-V5050D from my Audigy 2 Ex.

i just wanted to know if anyone has a pair of these speakers,

and how much of a vast improvement i will hear from my current Acoustic Solutions crap.

also where should i place them? and does it matter because they are direct reflecting?

my room is 4M long by 3M wide. i have my screen on the longest wall "see pics."

there isnt enough room on the sides of the screen to mount them. its about 10cm too thin.

Thanks for Replies.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Unfortunately :(

And I really hate to say this to someone who has bought something and is pleased about their purchase :(

But you have bought total crap. Once your hearing has "adjusted" to the marketing they pump out, you wont hear the huge holes in the mid range response/bass response/treble response. Try and get some tech specs for those speakers that mean something. You cant, because in an anechoic chamber they are woeful, 10dB or more over the full spectrum which is horrendous.

I wouldnt be at all suprised to find that if I compared them to the "Acoustic Solutions crap" in anechoic conditions, the AS kit would paste them!

Sorry dude :(

Soldato
willd58 said:
Im sorry dude, but allmost all BOSE speakers are terrible, iv never heard anything quite so bad for the price.

Im sorry but i have to agree. I was given a bose acoustimass set up and ive just replaced it with a set up quad lites which have totally blown the bose away in every department..

Soldato
OP
i could just go and cry lol. but i wont becuase if need be, i could always sell them on at nearly no loss.

goatboy - if they are a crap as everyone has said anything i have paid for them is too much.

so... if i really dont like them what would you people recommend? i have about £100 budget (not how much i paid for the 301's, paid a little less :mad: )

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Mission M71i standmounts are in budget, as are a few others (s/h) - pop down to your local hifi shop and have a listen then hit the bay armed with what you liked.

What exactly are you after?

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I would go dem some of the cheaper standmounts in some of the highstreet hifi shops - steer clear of anything that sells JVC / Aiwa etc! Take a look in Richers. you may as well, you wont be buying on the high street :p

Once you have heard for yourself, go have a poke around the net. Take a look at the sticky at the top of the page there for some more general advice :)

Soldato
OP
well my bose should be here on thursday so i'll hook them up see what there like and go from there. if they are as bad as eveyone said, off to the highstreet it is lol. and onto ebay they go lol. thanks for advice will post back on thursday

Soldato
i have a bose little cd/radio thing and i think its great. although my dads whafedale 9.1 nuke em from orbit, but they would wouldnt they.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
If you bought them brand new mail order, you have a 7 day cooling off period, meaning that you can send them back for a full refund.

Having said that, give em a try, and see what you think.

Back
Top Bottom